PE exam - Discussion

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the thoughts. I work 100% structural in the office. But I don't do Timber, Prestressed or Masonry. These subjects killed me in the test although i did very well on other subjects. The bottom line is; I wanna pass. The pass rates are obviously higher in PE-Civil. But I'm gonna have to deal with Transportation, Const Management, Geotech if I switch to Civil. That's the down side.
polat kardesim

I took SE-1 this april and passed it thank god.I am working 100%structural in the office and it is better for you to take again SE-1.

Because you have to learn masonry timber prestressed one day in your engineering life.

first time i hesitated either taking SE or Civil exam. but i am glad that i took SE.

This time spend more time on solving questions. NCEES sample SE-1 question book is very helpful.if you need more advice let me know i can help you out

good luck
Cengiz and Kurtlar Vadisi,

I totally agree with engTT birader. Even though I don't work in structural design, structural afternoon seems to be the way to go for me. Structural subjects are more interesting and allows you to organize yourself easier for the exam. I knew one day in my life I have to learn these subjects to call myself an engineer. However the downside for me is that I graduated abroad. So I am going through textbooks to familiarize with all the lingo and absurd english system.

Here is the list of books I have

Hibbeler Mechanics of Materials, Hibbeler Structural Analysis, Steel Structures Design and Behavior, Reinforced Concrete Mechanics & Design

I also have CERM11, SERM4, All-In-One PE Review by Goswami. SERM4 is the best in review manuals.

Good luck!

this is how you do it:

http://www.dha.com.tr/v.php?n=beyin-bedava..-2010-07-11

Last edited by a moderator:
Back