Pay pal

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The great state of Alabama accepts PayPal so I like to use that for my transactions like renewing our car registrations and stuff... then I print out the proof of payment and keep it in the car since they don't always get to you before you need the sticker on your plate.

I suppose due to this site I use it more than I should, I need to create a better way to collect from vendors though. but its pretty effective..

There's Amazon Payments but that's probably pretty similar to PayPal.

I suppose due to this site I use it more than I should, I need to create a better way to collect from vendors though. but its pretty effective..

There's Amazon Payments but that's probably pretty similar to PayPal.
Google wallet is actually probably the easiest of them all. And pretty secure too. Retailers are allowing you to scan your phone now using Google wallet and not having to mess around with cards and/or cash. Vendors should be able to use it pretty easily too.

AMAZON IS EVIL!

That's blasphemy!!!

I honestly only have a paypal account for the once-every-6-months purchase on ebay...

Or the vendors that I only order one item from ever, like a 16" wheelcover for my Malibu Maxx, or a specific brass lawn ornament.

I actually use paypal to exchange money between friends. It's just easier than writing checks.

Person-person should be free within the U.S. unless you fund it with a credit card.

I only use paypal for the very occassional ebay purchase. If they start requiring detailed personal information or a photo ID, that's when I go back to sending moneyorders.

I actually use paypal to exchange money between friends. It's just easier than writing checks.
This. For my small business, it's easiest for people to pay me that way. Especially for some of my remote support projects.

yeah, I've done that too, but they started charging a fee
Only if you select funds for "goods/services". Funds for "family or friends" doesn't carry a fee.

And as I mentioned, Google Wallet seems to be up and coming. I may actually switch to that exclusively if PayPal gets wonky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back