Other post office ideas for change

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliminating Saturday delivery, do you care?

• Nope, don't get anything but junk on Saturday anyway

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • As long as there are post offices open on Saturday I don't care that delivery is stopped on Satu

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Heck yea, i want my mail everyday...I can't wait an extra day to get my junk mail

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
The UPS and Fed-Ex considers AK & Hawaii to be international. If it wasn't for USPS, we would get majorly hosed for any packages or large parcels. Then again, go look at eBay listings and you'll see that they'll ship to the US, but exclude Hawaii and AK (even for USPS).

almost all of the bush communities don't get UPS or FedEx at all unless it goes through USPS. Maybe the three of them can get a deal going where they ain't screwing the regular customer on shipping charges and everyone gets a break.

I know. We all gotta have fun somehow.

In other news, salmon shortages are coming to those that wish to get fresh Copper River Reds. UPS & FedEX no longer accepting fish, must us USPS parcel post & hope it makes it there within the next month or two.

get rid of the 75 yr prefunding mandate and that will go far
QFT!

The USPS is a profitable business, but Congress keeps robbing them blind every year for "retirement pre-funding," which is just code for "you guys are making money and we want to spend it elsewhere." That's why it always makes me sick when Congress has some sort of hearing or issues some sort of decree to make the USPS profitable. They already have the ability to make it so, but they'd rather just keep pulling the wool over our eyes.

I'm all for scrapping Saturday mail delivery, but would still want packages to be delivered.

This. I prefer USPS for packages that I mail and receive. UPS beats the crap out of our packages and FedEx is always delayed.
at least with the last attempt at getting rid of sat delivery they said package delivery would continue on sat. It was just mail delivery. Not sure if that is the case with this attempt

I'm all for scrapping Saturday mail delivery, but would still want packages to be delivered.

This. I prefer USPS for packages that I mail and receive. UPS beats the crap out of our packages and FedEx is always delayed.

I hate USPS package delivery, but some of what I order, that's the only option for free/cheap shipping.

Back