Other board book

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddingpe

Reaction score
Past and Future PEs,

Has anyone of you used the "Environmental Engineering Solved Problems (ENSP3)" .

Any recommendations?

By Schneiter? Yes, I used the 2nd edition in studying for the exam, and thought it gave a great, additional perspective to my preparation.

I used the same book back in the day, no idea what edition it was. Probably 2nd as I took the test around the same time DLeg did.

It's a good test prep tool for the most part. My only gripe is that they glossed over some of the steps in the solutions, so you couldn't always figure where you went wrong. Also, it made some assumptions that left things too much up to interpretation that you would never see on the real exam.

I recall one question about I&I. The problem did not give a rate. I looked in my state's WW manual and took their value. My method was correct, but I got the wrong answer because the author assumed something different. Hardly mattered, because I attacked the problem the right way, but still frustrated.

Still well worth using as a test prep aid.

I used 101 Solved Problems, which I think was the first edition. It, along with the NCEES practice exam, was my primary practice problem source. I highly recommend it. It's not exactly like the exam, but it covers a lot of topics I hadn't come across elsewhere in my studying. I spent some time cross-referencing material with my texts and thought that was very helpful.

Latest posts

Back