OREGON Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you're saying; I left out some specifics. There are some jurisdictions in Oregon that recently started arguing that if a certain discipline of engineering work is not performed directly by a Professional Engineer, it violates the law. Design work by the EIT along with supervision and design review by the Engineer were labeled as an unacceptable method. That's really the contradictory part. I'm trying to avoid being specific about my discipline because it isn't one of the big ones, so I aplogize for the lack of clarity.

Edit: Also I did thank someone for my approved application: my supervising engineer for taking the time to fill out paperwork for me twice. I am glad that OSBEELS took a second look at my application in time for me sit for the test though, so I do appreciate something they did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know why the hell OSBEELS demands that applications for the PE exam be submitted 6 weeks earlier than in the past?
Yes, it is because ELSES changed their deadline to be earlier. There was not enough time to review applications, send out notices requesting additional information, provide enough time for applicants to gather & submit the requested information, and provide review time for OSBEELS to give final approval before the ELSES deadline.

My co-worker applied to take the exam the same time as me (Oct 2007). They requested additional information and asked him to submit the info by a certain date. That date happened to be the same day of the ELSES deadline. Needless to say, he didn't have the "approval" to register for the exam. By some miracle, our manager managed to get my co-worker approved after the deadline (since OSBEELS screwed up) and signed up through ELSES to take the exam. Of course, he only had 3 days notice to study, but he's so brilliant he didn't have any problems passing the exam.

As for other problems I've seen with OSBEELS, they misplaced my grad school transcripts which caused them to initially reject my application, they were inconsistent with which foreign degrees they'd accept for the FE Exam (i.e. two coworkers, same foreign degree, one was approved, and the other was not), and the applications still show the wrong address and fees. The first things I listed were fairly easily fixed, but it did add considerable stress as we were simply informed that we didn't have the qualifications to sit for the exam. It took both of us a few calls to the OSBEELS office to sort out exactly why we weren't qualified, when in fact, we followed all the rules and were qualified.

However, I don't see any excuse for the application to still show incorrect information. They moved offices over a year and a half ago. And what they are doing about the increased fees (charging people's credit cards for the increased fee without providing notice) is technically illegal. There have been two rounds of applications submitted where the wrong fee was shown on the application. I think a year is plenty long enough to get the application fixed. Just my :2cents:

I understand what you're saying; I left out some specifics. There are some jurisdictions in Oregon that recently started arguing that if a certain discipline of engineering work is not performed directly by a Professional Engineer, it violates the law. Design work by the EIT along with supervision and design review by the Engineer were labeled as an unacceptable method. That's really the contradictory part. I'm trying to avoid being specific about my discipline because it isn't one of the big ones, so I aplogize for the lack of clarity.
Edit: Also I did thank someone for my approved application: my supervising engineer for taking the time to fill out paperwork for me twice. I am glad that OSBEELS took a second look at my application in time for me sit for the test though, so I do appreciate something they did.
Fair enough... I think the issue is that experience must not be obtained in violation of licensure law. So it's reasonable to ask the question "was the experience you're seeking credit for in violation of some ORS?"

Fair enough... I think the issue is that experience must not be obtained in violation of licensure law. So it's reasonable to ask the question "was the experience you're seeking credit for in violation of some ORS?"

I think that would have been a logical question to ask. My work was always properly reviewed and supervised, but perhaps others in my field have not been.

Who else thinks we will reach day 100, before we see anything?
I called yesterday...they told me they are working on the letters currently and should have them out by the end of the week. I was told to expect our letters next week.

I called yesterday...they told me they are working on the letters currently and should have them out by the end of the week. I was told to expect our letters next week.
I got my results in the mail this evening. I passed and got my EIT pocket card.

01/14/09

got my letter today... If you don't get it today, it should come tomorrow or monday!!

Got my letter today, PASSED! No longer waiting_wes, and it took less than 100 days, yippee!

Dated January 13, 2009, Received January 15, 2009 (afternoon) in Sutherlin.

Got my letter January 13th and it was dated Jan 9th it was for the FE (got a nice card too). On to the PE..... Took it and passed first time at age 48....

Congratulations to everyone who passed!

To those people who didn't pass, keep on trying and don't give up. There's lots of resources here on the board - we're all here to help!

Got my letter January 13th and it was dated Jan 9th it was for the FE (got a nice card too). On to the PE..... Took it and passed first time at age 48....
What is the deadline for the spring 2009 PE registration? The website says December 1st, 2008. I remember last year, I called OSBEELS and asked them when the fall 2008 FE exam registration deadline was and they said it was July 15, while their website says June 1st. I registered in July.

I called OSBEELS last week and asked, they said Dec 1, 2008. ppi2pass.com says January too. Anyone have any input?

What is the deadline for the spring 2009 PE registration? The website says December 1st, 2008. I remember last year, I called OSBEELS and asked them when the fall 2008 FE exam registration deadline was and they said it was July 15, while their website says June 1st. I registered in July.
I called OSBEELS last week and asked, they said Dec 1, 2008. ppi2pass.com says January too. Anyone have any input?
The deadline for the fall exam is December 1st. It USED to be in January, but since ELSES moved their registration deadline to be earlier, OSBEELS needed more time to review the applications. Although you can never guarantee that the OSBEELS website will be up to date, you can always refer to the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR 820-010-0442) for the correct information, which is December 1 & June 1st for the Spring and Fall exams, respectively.

Here's the link:

http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/rules/OARS_8...20/820_010.html

Last Friday, I got a letter from OSBEELS. I passed ! Thank you everyone. :party-smiley-048:

Congrats jorba! :multiplespotting:

In regards to the OSBEEL"Experience" I must say it is much more work to get approved for the exam in Oregon than Washington.

I originally applied to take the Exam in Oregon, but recieved a letter saying they needed more information of verification for one reference. I monkeyed around with them for a couple of weeks got sick of it and applied to take it in Washington.

And let me tell you people, if you have a choice pick Washington.

It is cheaper, by a lot....... it only cost me $65.

I had zero problems with the application save for the fact that Osbeels forgot to send my EIT verification to the Washington Board, but I called and emailed a couple of times and this got resolved.

The Washington paper work is much easier in my opinion to understand and fill out. Plus your references don't need to write much, just state whether they agree or disagree.

I am just one person, and I can't say the personnel at Osbeels did anything wrong, but the system of rules/application process is vastly inferior to Washington.

In regards to the OSBEEL"Experience" I must say it is much more work to get approved for the exam in Oregon than Washington.
I originally applied to take the Exam in Oregon, but recieved a letter saying they needed more information of verification for one reference. I monkeyed around with them for a couple of weeks got sick of it and applied to take it in Washington.

And let me tell you people, if you have a choice pick Washington.

It is cheaper, by a lot....... it only cost me $65.

I had zero problems with the application save for the fact that Osbeels forgot to send my EIT verification to the Washington Board, but I called and emailed a couple of times and this got resolved.

The Washington paper work is much easier in my opinion to understand and fill out. Plus your references don't need to write much, just state whether they agree or disagree.

I am just one person, and I can't say the personnel at Osbeels did anything wrong, but the system of rules/application process is vastly inferior to Washington.
However, having a license in Washington will not allow you to practice engineering in Oregon, as far as I am aware. If you want to practice engineering in Oregon, you will be stuck with filling out Oregon's references paperwork, whether you apply as an exam applicant, or as a comity applicant with a Washington license.

However, having a license in Washington will not allow you to practice engineering in Oregon, as far as I am aware. If you want to practice engineering in Oregon, you will be stuck with filling out Oregon's references paperwork, whether you apply as an exam applicant, or as a comity applicant with a Washington license.

Completely true, but really once you have passed the exam do you really care if Osbeels messes around with your application or not.

For me trying to study and make Osbeels happy at the same time was a unnecessary stress. Washington was super easy in comparison. I basically had no issues at all. And with Oregon all I had were issues.

And at least here in Portland, my company seems to just just as much work in Washington as in Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back