Oregon PE results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geary

Reaction score
The Oregon Board website says they are having a meeting on Jan. 12, 2010. I think I'll try to restrain myself from checking the License Lookup until then.

Based on previous years, that week seems to be when they release the results from their evil clutches.

I'm not sure if this will be a dissapointment or a relief, but in years past, they do not need to wait for the board meeting to release results. For the April 09 exam, there were errors in the results from NCEES, which had to resend the results to OSBEELS, delaying result notifications. The Oct 08 exam, they ran out of pocket cards and had to wait for the replacement pocket cards to arrive. When I took the exam in Oct 07, I found out on Jan 4th, which seems to be one of the better turnaround times in recent years.

Good Luck!

Hmm ... interesting. Well then, it could be any day now! I was growing a beard while I wait for the results, but it was getting so long that I had to shave it off this morning, much to the relief of the missus.

(Wait, let me check the licence lookup .... nope, my name's not there.)

I haven't called the Oregon board for the results, because I think it would be a waste of time. I had to call them a few times when I was registering and it was annoying how little they knew about their own process. But if you call them, let us know what stupid stuff they say.

Hmm ... interesting. Well then, it could be any day now! I was growing a beard while I wait for the results, but it was getting so long that I had to shave it off this morning, much to the relief of the missus.
(Wait, let me check the licence lookup .... nope, my name's not there.)

I haven't called the Oregon board for the results, because I think it would be a waste of time. I had to call them a few times when I was registering and it was annoying how little they knew about their own process. But if you call them, let us know what stupid stuff they say.

I know what you mean, Geary. I must have contacted them 7 or 8 times this summer via e-mail and phone to determine if I was approved to take the PE Exam - all the time the clock was ticking and the deadline for signing up for prep classes was passing. Finally, took a chance and signed up for a prep class without a response from OSBEEL; luckily I got the approval in late August.

For those who are curious, you can check out historical reporting time frames here:

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=10519

I did some analysis of the historical results reporting times for Oregon as follows:

Oct 2005 Exam: Results Received on 1/12/2006, 75 days of waiting, 12 days after WA e-mail results

Apr 2006 Exam: Results Received on 7/14/2006, 84 days of waiting, 28 days after WA e-mail results

Oct 2006 Exam: Results Received on 1/11/2007, 76 days of waiting, 19 days after WA e-mail results

Apr 2007 Exam: Results Received on 6/27/2007, 68 days of waiting, 14 days after WA e-mail results

Oct 2007 Exam: Results Received on 1/4/2008, 70 days of waiting, 14 days after WA e-mail results

Apr 2008 Exam: Results Received on 6/14/2008, 64 days of waiting, 4 days after WA e-mail results

Oct 2008 Exam: Results Received on 1/14/2009, 82 days of waiting, 29 days after WA e-mail results, *Ran out of pocket cards

Apr 2009 Exam: Results Received on 7/22/2009, 89 days of waiting, 34 days after WA e-mail results, *NCEES sent inaccurate results

In looking at the results, the last two exams were delayed for non-typical reasons, so I'm going to exclude from my analysis any exams with results reported after 80+ days, since that is only going to occur when something gets messed up (which is likely with OSBEELS but lets hope for the best for now).

• Excluding Apr 06, Oct 08 and Apr 09, the average waiting time across all exams was 70.6 days, which would have results being released on 1/1/2010.
  • Fall exams took slightly longer to report, 73.6 days versus 66 days for spring exams (likely due to holidays), which would have results being released on 1/4/2010.
  • If you look at how many days after WA receives their results (which is an indicator of when NCEES sends results out), for fall exams, OR test takers receive results an average of 15 days after WA test takers receive results via e-mail, which would have results being released on 12/31/2010.
Therefore, barring extenuating circumstances that would delay the results, I expect results sometime between 12/31/2009 and 1/8/2010 (I extended it to Friday since the average reporting time frame was over a holiday weekend)
A few other notes:

• Most years (the only exception I know of is the year they were upgrading their computer systems), the results are uploaded to the website the same day they mail out the letters. Thus, depending on where you live, you will likely be able to find your name on the website 1 or 2 days before you receive your letter in the mail.
  • Did you submit your Take-home Ethics Exam? OSBEELS will NOT release your results (Pass or Fail) until you pass that take-home exam. One of my co-workers was convinced she had failed and never bothered to submit her ethics exam. Future exam applicants will be required to pass this test prior to being allowed to sit for the PE exam.
  • It sounds like many of you are reluctant to call OSBEELS to get an estimate of when exam results are going to be released. I would encourage you to call anyway for a few reasons: First, the more information you know, the better. Often, depending who you talk to, you can get a different response, so the more people who contact OSBEELS, the more information you'll have (such as if they've received results and are processing them or if they haven't received them yet from NCEES). Second, at some point in the near future, I am going to recommend that the board pursue direct e-mail notification from NCEES (what WA does) with the primary benefit being that it relieves stress from OSBEELS staff in dealing with people asking about when results will be released. Of course, when you do contact OSBEELS, be courteous and do not call excessively.
Good luck to everyone!

I e-mailed OSBEELS last week asking about the anticipated release of the results and received the following reply this morning:

"The results of the PE examination are released by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). The Oregon State Board of Examiners Engineering and Land Surveying (OSBEELS) has received those results and will be sending out correspondence to examinees this week."

Hopefully this holds true...

Nice work everyone! 67 days of waiting isn't too bad! Congratulations! Hopefully this glorious unexpected snow storm won't ruin any celebration plans . . .

Nice work everyone! 67 days of waiting isn't too bad! Congratulations! Hopefully this glorious unexpected snow storm won't ruin any celebration plans . . .
My status didn't change from CE to SE, so I suppose I didn't pass. Oh well... I need a slice of humble pie every now and then...

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO DID PASS. :party-smiley-048:

Has anyone recieved a letter yet? The website shows that I passed, but I still would like to see the letter.

I'm in the same boat ... passed on the website and can not wait for letter. So I stopped by the board and pickup the letter yesterday. It was dated Dec. 30 th, 2009. If you have not get your it's probably in the mail today...

Back