Ongoing CBT Exam Spam Thread 2022

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning spaaaaam!!!

I have been going to yoga classes in the AM and as someone who is WFH permanently now, it feels so good to wake up early, go somewhere in my car, and be around other people. I have been standing a lot straighter the past several days too, so my sad back really needs it (along with my mental health).

I am doing hot yoga and I do feel like every class is a potential superspreader event, so there is that 😅

Morning spaaaaam!!!

I have been going to yoga classes in the AM and as someone who is WFH permanently now, it feels so good to wake up early, go somewhere in my car, and be around other people. I have been standing a lot straighter the past several days too, so my sad back really needs it (along with my mental health).

I am doing hot yoga and I do feel like every class is a potential superspreader event, so there is that 😅
My wife took me to hot yoga years ago and I almost vomited. I wasn't ready for that!

I really need to get back into yoga. I'm at the point where I can't run without my lower back hurting. Funny how golf doesn't seem to affect it, but sitting all day does.

I refused to do hot yoga when I lived in Texas, but now I'm like SWEET HEAT, GIVE ME YOUR WARMTH.

I hear you on the back pain @DuranDuran PE . If I don't do some form of the movement in the morning, I'll feel it all day when I sit. But I tried standing desks and I didn't like that very much either.

Oh and this place only heats to 85 degrees. I don't think I could do hot yoga where it's heated to 105, that sounds like a heat stroke waiting to happen.

I refused to do hot yoga when I lived in Texas, but now I'm like SWEET HEAT, GIVE ME YOUR WARMTH.

I hear you on the back pain @DuranDuran PE . If I don't do some form of the movement in the morning, I'll feel it all day when I sit. But I tried standing desks and I didn't like that very much either.
I'm glad you mentioned that. My company has been thinking about getting one for me, but I wasn't sure how effective they'd be. I have one of those huge stability balls and when I worked in NC, I used that instead of a chair. Literally sat on a stability ball all day. I did that for years and never had back issues. Of course I was more active and did yoga back then. Maybe I should try the stability ball again?

I think it was 95-98 where I went. The second time wasn't as bad, but we quit going after that for some reason.
95-98 sounds intense! 85 is very comfortable, not sure how I'd feel with anything higher than that.

I used to do ergonomic assessments and there were a lot of people who enjoyed the standing desks. (Our company didn't allow stability balls because of liability issues in case someone fell off of one. Haha.) I raised my desk and tried it for several months. I think my problem is I didn't have a comfortable chair (it was really a stool at that point) and I felt like I was hurting my back more than helping it. If I got a Varidesk or some other kind of adjustable standing desk, that might have been different. I'm not sure though. So if you have a really comfortable office chair and get a nice thick mat to stand on, then an adjustable standing desk might be worth exploring.

So far if I do some kind of workout in the morning and I don't pull it by doing something dumb (which happens way more often than I'd like it to), then my back is good for the rest of the day.

A chair can't save a SBD fart
Of course it can... if there's a cushion.
I hate sitting on other peoples cushions (desk chairs, patio furniture, grandma's couches, etc.) after they get up, because I know when I sit down there was just a small release of whatever was trapped in there. I feel bad for the I.T. people, but their probably used to it.

I got an email with a letter that contains my license number that says I am licensed as of the date of the letter (which was december 2). I don't have that fancy piece of paper yet though

Sounds like you're legit. Meow.

Super Troopers 2: The Making of 'Meow' - YouTube

I buy the same cottage cheese on a regular basis. Same brand, same curd size, same fat content. Sometimes it’s nice and thick, and sometimes it’s really runny.

Back