Ongoing CBT Exam Spam Thread 2022

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spammers!

Poll time -

Would you add a company leader or boss on social media?

My department head sent me a friend request on IG and I'm like ughhhhhhhh, I don't want someone who's technically my boss on my friends list.
I think it would be perfectly acceptable not to accept that request! I’d just ignore it and not respond to the request at all

Spammers!

Poll time -

Would you add a company leader or boss on social media?

My department head sent me a friend request on IG and I'm like ughhhhhhhh, I don't want someone who's technically my boss on my friends list.
As a rule, i dont send connection request to anyone who reports to me so that they have their space. If they initiate it then i accept it.
I think you are fine not accepting that request if you don't want to.

Thanks all! That's a really good rule @NikR_PE , I like that. I accepted a friend request from one other coworker but we're on different teams/projects and don't report to each other. (I guess I was technically his PM at one point). I don't let him have access to my stories since that's where I tend to post all my political stuff, but even then, it feels a little weird sometimes.

I generally accept friend requests from coworkers, bosses, etc. But I also am very careful about what I post. I just assume everything posted on the internet will be public info tomorrow. Even here on EB, I don't post anything that I'd be uncomfortable with people reading IRL.

Last edited:
I generally accept friend request from coworkers, bosses, etc. But I also am very careful about what I post. I just assume everything posted on the internet will be public info tomorrow. Even here on EB, I don't post anything that I'd be uncomfortable with people reading IRL.
That's definitely a good rule to follow! You just never know what will come back. I try to keep more political stuff in my stories for that reason (not that it's fool-proof - peope can easily screenshot a story).

What it really comes down to is I have a potty mouth that I (mostly) keep from my IG feed, but let slip every so often.

That's definitely a good rule to follow! You just never know what will come back. I try to keep more political stuff in my stories for that reason (not that it's fool-proof - peope can easily screenshot a story).

What it really comes down to is I have a potty mouth that I (mostly) keep from my IG feed, but let slip every so often.
I have a few friends that just post anything completely unfiltered. Honestly I'm really jealous of that level of freedom and comfort.

Back