One Week Out!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the first time takers: you should be at the point of ever-diminishing returns by this point in your studies; ideally you'll hit peak preparedness by tomorrow. It's probably not a good sign if you are still learning new things tomorrow.

I hit negative returns when trying to study the day before. That day is probably be spent relaxing and getting psychologically prepared for the test the next day.

In baseball terms, Monday through Wednesday is like swinging two bats in the on-deck circle. Thuesday is walking up the plate with your "walk up" music playing. Friday is when you hit it out of the park.

The day before the exam I finally "mastered" the water treatment questions involving chemistry. 

Ended up not being on the test lol. Was bittersweet lol. 

But yea, at this point I would just recommend to people making sure your notes are in an order you want them to be, binded and your tabs on your references are legible and secure. 

Get the suitcase, wagon or whatever prepped ready for Friday. Don't want to be packing the night before looking for a suddenly missing binder or book. 

What equation? Inquiring minds want to know. :)
apj446292fd1.gif

Eat well! Get some good rest before the test. That's the key for the last week! 

I’ve had trouble falling asleep each night this week so far. I know it’s just nerves. Thankfully, the adrenaline is getting me through each day. I have performance anxiety but I’ve learned how to cope with “upcoming big events”.  

It's part of the Standard Model.

I hope you have it memorized, it's definitely on the test tomorrow, questions 87-92.

answers are: F, H, G, F, F, H
I will have to pull out one of my physics books & check to see if I did use this equation in college...

Save that for next week.

You've got more important things to do tomorrow and Friday. And you'll need to weekend to decompress.
I'm also moving so I'm not 100% sure where the book is anyway so it wasn't gonna happen tonight. Tonight is packing & Great British Bake Off. Sunday is for finding my physics for funsies book. 

It's part of the Standard Model.

I hope you have it memorized, it's definitely on the test tomorrow, questions 87-92.

answers are: F, H, G, F, F, H
If you don't mind me asking...
Why do you have the Standard Model tattooed on you? Seems like there should be a story.

I know a guy who used to work at LIGO. He was telling me that people that worked on the gravitation wave detection all got a tattoo of the specific wave that was detected. (He was on a different project there.)
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS866US866&sxsrf=ACYBGNTW_5ubx5HxIht08yhlXcAqhclmkw:1571852880862&q=ligo+gravitational+wave+tattoo&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiT-eik-LLlAhVEmuAKHZTmBiUQsAR6BAgAEAE&biw=1257&bih=797

Last edited by a moderator:
It's almost here everyone. I hope everyone is prepared and ready to go for the test tomorrow. My advice is to take it easy today and try to relax. Focus on making sure you have all of your books, notes, calculator, and other misc items ready to go with you to the test site tomorrow morning. Ensure that you won't accidentally bring any forbidden (read: electronic) items into the exam room.

Get a good night's sleep tonight. You'll need it for the mental marathon tomorrow. I wouldn't advise a sleeping pill unless you know that you have eneough time that won't make you drowsy during the test tomorrow. You'll need all your faculties.

Try to have some fun tomorrow night. Spend time with friends and family. Enjoy some 'beverages'. You've earned it! The exam is over, and what's done is done. Nothing you can do but wait.

Maybe preemptively buy a new keyboard over the weekend, y'know for when you break your F5 key at some point in the next month.

Whatever you do, don't talk exam problems with anyone (except NCEES) after the exam. And don't talk exam questions here! People have had their exam scores nullified in the past, and it happens more often than you'd think.

Next week we'll have up the "welcome to the suck" thread, spam thread (NCEES won't release until we get to 15k), and a new round of EB mafia. Burn off your stress there.

images

Latest posts

Back