One Week Out!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to order a new watch 😭

I can't find my light up Batman watch 😭
Sorry to hear that.

I bought a $10 mechanical watch from JCPenney and a $5 small clock from Walmart. Tried to keep it basic and NCEES compliant to stay out of trouble. Although I did notice at one point during the exam the proctor was standing near me staring at the clock I had placed on the table and taking notes. I'm not sure if I was not suppose to place it on the table. He was nice enough to not interrupt me I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that.

I bought a $10 mechanical watch from JCPenney and a $5 small clock from Walmart. Tried to keep it basic and NCEES compliant to stay out of trouble. Although I did notice at one point during the exam the proctor was standing near me staring at the clock I had placed on the table and taking notes. I'm not sure if I was not suppose to place it on the table. He was nice enough to not interrupt me I guess.
"• Examinees may wear wristwatches or place them on the floor. Clocks must be placed on the floor"

https://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/ExamineeGuide_May-2019.pdf pg30

My Batman watch was like 8$ from the kids section in Target. Cheapest watch I could find and I have small wrists lol.

I went with the Casio watch since it was 11$ lol

and @Mo84 I think that person had a legit stop watch not a watch with a stop watch function.

Clif bars, gum, and a tube of nuun. Maybe steal a banana from the hotel in the morning.

Currently, trying to figure that out - I added a couple of binders to my study pile and it doesn't all fit now. Historically it's been a paper ream box and a backpack. Pretty sure I'm gonna jam all I can in there and balance a binder on top of the binders in the box *shrugs*

Something to note, try to figure out about the set up of your test site before you get there. Like are there there stairs? One year, my test site was in the one lecture hall at the college and there are small steps inside the space. There was a woman with a rolling box and she couldn't physically carry it up the stairs by herself. She had assistance bringing it up to her seat - I left before she did in the PM so I assume she had help bringing it down too or THUNKED it down the stairs lol
I used a suitcase last year to carry everything. Looks like I may be bringing 2 suit cases this year. You definitely don't want to have to carry much considering the long wait in the morning for check in.

Last year the start time of my test was delayed by 10 minutes or so because SO MANY people had Apple Watches and Fitbits that had to be confiscated by the proctors before the exam. It was kind of annoying.

Also my company paid for everything... like $1,500 (registration fees, prep course, books, supplies like paper and binders and tabs), but refused to pay for my $12 dollar watch.  :D  🤷‍♂️

@aspiringWRE_PE my test site is historically small. Like 2 dozen or less people and the walk from the lot into the armory isn't that far so it'll be ok for me at least. For other test sites, I definitely agree with what you're saying

Last year the start time of my test was delayed by 10 minutes or so because SO MANY people had Apple Watches and Fitbits that had to be confiscated by the proctors before the exam. It was kind of annoying.

Also my company paid for everything... like $1,500 (registration fees, prep course, books, supplies like paper and binders and tabs), but refused to pay for my $12 dollar watch.  :D  🤷‍♂️
I'd be so happy if all I was on the hook for was 12$ for this whole process.

It was the same way in April in South Carolina. There were four just in my immediate vicinity and I was dumbfounded by how many were genuinely surprised lol.

I didn't worry about smaller items because my company payed for everything, including mileage, hotel, etc.😁

Best of luck to everyone taking the test. I'll be taking my first attempt at HVAC&R. Friday is my birthday also. Here's to hoping I'll have a nice birthday gift!
Yuck.  There are many better ways to spend a birthday.  I took (and passed) the FE on my birthday, then took (and passed) the PE on my brithday. Both in years where my drivers license expired on my birthday.  What a great way to add unnecessary stress to the day.   :)

I have an equation tattooed on my arm and was told to cover it up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first time takers: you should be at the point of ever-diminishing returns by this point in your studies; ideally you'll hit peak preparedness by tomorrow. It's probably not a good sign if you are still learning new things tomorrow.

I hit negative returns when trying to study the day before. That day is probably be spent relaxing and getting psychologically prepared for the test the next day.

In baseball terms, Monday through Wednesday is like swinging two bats in the on-deck circle. Thuesday is walking up the plate with your "walk up" music playing. Friday is when you hit it out of the park.
I think I plateaued about a week ago, if not before. There's no more exam knowledge fitting into my brain. 😃

Latest posts

Back