October Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ed, the number came in last week. I ordered my seal on Sunday but who knows where it is now.

I do not mind acting silly but grammar and spelling errors are bothersome.

Anyone have a sandwich?

Last edited:
hey rleon.....................I think I used to work with you at Kimley-Horn............................................................................

...that place was full of people that thought they knew everything.........................of course they didn't......................hope I'm not offending you..........................! :ass:

Watch out dude! rleon has moderator priveledges and if he doesn't get his stamp soon, he might take it out on you and edit your posts or something else drastic! :D

Ed

Where is that word of the day thread? :D

tol?er?ance (tlr-ns)

n.

1. The capacity for or the practice of recognizing and respecting the beliefs or practices of others.

:beerchug

that's a sweet image. what episode of southpark did that come from? i tend to agree that studying for the april exam was a lot easier since the weather outside is so bad that i had no inclination to go out anyways. if i was studying for october, i'd be seriously torn between studying and and everything else. studying would have probably lost.

get a room. and I'm not talking to ncarguy and rleon here :p

find a study room. I was at crawl speed until I found my Fortress of Solitude. :true:

The episode is called "You got F'd in the A". It's a spoof of that movie "You Got Served" that came out a while back.
:lol: I love South Park. Those guys are geniuses.

i like the episodes that deal more with human nature like when bebe (spelling?) got boobs. i don't care for the more political and preachy stuff like the peta episode. but that you got served picture looked hilarious. thanks for giving me the episode name. they don't have the same consistency as the simpsons who make you laugh a couple times per episode. more like family guy in that it either makes you wish you had that half hour of life back or that it make you wet your pants.

and i agree that getting a room to yourself is critical. for a while, i was studying in a room with a computer and tv in it and for every hour of study, i'd watch tv for an hour and play on the computer for an hour. when i finally started studying in an isolated room, i was able to go 3 hours without distractions. at least until i started keeping my comic books in the same room.

I would think no matter the relative difficulty the same people will pass any given test...

they adjust the cut scores to get the passing percentage they want...

http://www.isa.org/Template.cfm?Section=Co...egistration.htm

some test are only given in Oct, the control one for example...

look at the stats, near the bottom...ranges from 31% to 96%! but the total passed is ~110 +/- 15 for most years, even when there were 270 taking it, only 110 passed...

the key is to beat the guys in the room...if you do that, it'll work out...

engineering is like any other profession, it's regulated and too many licenses decreases the value of the paper...

I bet they look at the total licenses, and figure how many to grant each year...

we all know for the most part even people who fail the test are 'competent'...

imo the education, experience & references are a more important factor...but only get you a seat, and do not weigh into the final decision...

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen much in the way of technical questions from those taking the October exam. Is it too soon for that?

Just curious.

Ed

Back