October 2020 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate all Christmas music. Some I tolerate a bit better. But working in retail with muzac... your soul dies. Every 20mintues when I worked at Sears, the Lands End Christmas song played. I worked 8hr shifts. 

I also am repulsed by Coco Cabana (or whatever) I worked a kiosk outside of one of those smelly preppy stores and that song played a lot. 
I hate a lot of Christmas music as well.  If I want to listen to it, that's one thing, but getting inundated with really terrible covers at stores.....no.

What happened?
So I had a Black Friday online order to pick up, so I headed to the mall right after it opened on Sunday.  Parked by Penney's where my pickup was, but wandered down to Barnes & noble to look at journals and games for little gifts.  Then this large group of people came rushing through B&N yelling about a shooter.  I looked up, and the parking lot was FULL of first responders. It was pretty terrifying. And the worst part was it happened down by Penney's, so I just hovered in the corner of B&N while the police got things sorted out. I didn't hear anything, but apparently they did find two casings, so there actually was a shooter.

I mean, I fucking live in Iowa. WHY ARE PEOPLE SHOOTING AT EACH OTHER IN THE MALL. ESPECIALLY ON A SUNDAY MORNING.  It will be a LONG time before I go to the mall again.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I had a Black Friday online order to pick up, so I headed to the mall right after it opened on Sunday.  Parked by Penney's where my pickup was, but wandered down to Barnes & noble to look at journals and games for little gifts.  Then this large group of people came rushing through B&N yelling about a shooter.  I looked up, and the parking lot was FULL of first responders. It was pretty terrifying. And the worst part was it happened down by Penney's, so I just hovered in the corner of B&N while the police got things sorted out. I didn't hear anything, but apparently they did find two casings, so there actually was a shooter.

I mean, I fucking live in Iowa. WHY ARE PEOPLE SHOOTING AT EACH OTHER IN THE MALL. ESPECIALLY ON A SUNDAY MORNING.  It will be a LONG time before I go to the mall again.
@leggo PE

First post, waiting on my results and apparently the spam thread makes it go faster.

Also, just pointing out that control systems wasn't a discipline option when I registered for the website and that is a valid discipline in all 50 states now...  Feeling a little unappreciated. :(

have you met @ChebyshevII PE (& their 103 children)?
Yeah, I work in control systems. But my license (and my exam) were in the electrical category, so I didn’t have this problem. :)

Listening to Indie Christmas Spotify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back