October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do! LadySquare and I frequently host game night. Free beer, tacos, and shenanigans are promised. Also, every guest is assigned a complimentary lap kitty and/or doggy companion for the duration of your stay!
That sounds fun! I like cats. And dogs are cool too.

"Spam to 1k" feels like cheating 😂
giphy.gif

YESSSSSS.  I was a classically trained coloratura opera singer who was thinking of going professional, but my dad (who is a musician) made me do my first year of engineering classes before I took on another trainer/coach in NYC with my current teachers.  After that first year of classes I was too booked/exhausted to do singing and the commute back and forth into NYC, but I am thinking of maybe taking lessons again now that I have the time in Indy.   I highly doubt I still have the range I did when I was training each day, but I can sing passably well.
So cool! I was listening to NPR the other day, and they were interviewing a lady on whatever show who was a classically trained opera singer, but didn't really figure it out or make it work until she was somewhere in her 30s. Now she's like 40 or in her 40s, and is super famous getting all the gigs!

So cool! I was listening to NPR the other day, and they were interviewing a lady on whatever show who was a classically trained opera singer, but didn't really figure it out or make it work until she was somewhere in her 30s. Now she's like 40 or in her 40s, and is super famous getting all the gigs!
There are def "late career" musicians all the time, so if I ever want to try I might be able to.  One of my dad's friends, Florence, used to be a lawyer and started playing oboe because she always liked the way it sounded.  Became really good at it in a short time and quit to become a concert oboist.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back