October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so this sucks. one hour before the results came out in my state, I registered for a lottery for a race.... didn't think I would get in.

I got in. :(

On top of that, the race is one week before test day. I think I may downgrade and try to run anyway. The one mistake I made personally during the last exam cycle was that I stopped exercising and it took a huge toll on my mental and physical well being. not saying I should sabotage myself but killing myself with sleep deprivation and no exercise obviously didn't do me any favors.

Also, I now have a knee injury from getting back to running and HIIT training all at once and too fast. So that's fun.
I did that both the 1st time I took the test and this time. I ran at random for this cycle but my focus was almost exclusively studying - I felt guilty running since it was time I could use to spend with my boyfriend or doing chores. It was not good 

so this sucks. one hour before the results came out in my state, I registered for a lottery for a race.... didn't think I would get in.

I got in. :(

On top of that, the race is one week before test day. I think I may downgrade and try to run anyway. The one mistake I made personally during the last exam cycle was that I stopped exercising and it took a huge toll on my mental and physical well being. not saying I should sabotage myself but killing myself with sleep deprivation and no exercise obviously didn't do me any favors.

Also, I now have a knee injury from getting back to running and HIIT training all at once and too fast. So that's fun.
Wait.  Let me unpack this post.

So, you registered for race = got in, but now you have to retake PE exam?  I'm assuming this is for April 2020?  Is there a reason you need to retake the PE right away/next testing period (like a guaranteed promotion is just waiting for you to get the letters, or was it just implied)?  I did that and got completely burned out (took in April 2017/October 2017), relationships got trashed, physically and mentally exhausted.  Had a cruise planned with a friend literally a week before the April 2018 exam, was thinking about either cancelling the cruise or trying to juggle studying while on the cruise, and had a literal "what are you doing, JK?" before stepping back and looking at it all with a new viewpoint.  Rescheduled my exam for October 2017 and enjoyed the vacation.  Over the summer, instead of waiting for August to begin studying, I took a more "July, I will re-review my notes previously".  I had the on-demand/virtual classroom School of PE, so I already had access to all the class papers.  I really went through things more methodical prior to the class starting so I knew my weaknesses/strengths better.  Tabbed things in my book that I needed tabbed, instead of tabbing everything like my previous times.  Felt much better going into the exam (mentally and just...feeling better) and passed on the third time.

I say take your time.  Get back into shape.  Figure out a routine before you need to throw all the studying back into it.  Let yourself resettle at work.  You can do this!

Wait.  Let me unpack this post.
@civilrobot, did you sign up for EET for April 2019, then use your retake for October 2019, or was Oct 2019 your first time taking EET? I didn't take any review course at any point, but I was looking into EET about a week ago, when I was in the Schrodinger's Cat Subphase of Phase 4 of The Suck. If you initially signed up for Oct 2019, I think you're on the hook to use your retake for Apr 2020. Otherwise, I think you'd be free to take JK's advice, if it suits you.

You may have already known all this, btw. 😁

Kill me.  Me and a couple of people were the last to get our computers updated to Windows 10 in our office.  I have Windows 10 at home, so not a big thing, just a pain to do the backup, but IT sent a link that you literally run and then click a different link to re-extract.  Unfortunately...the women who sits across the hall from me (the one I had talked about who cc's herself on all her emails), is...not handling this upgrade well.  First she couldn't figure out how to run the windows backup link.  Now she can't find outlook, even though I told her to click on the magnifying glass and type in the program.  Now she's complaining to the air about all the differences and how she can't find her folders.

Maybe I'm being petty, but I've plugged in my headphones so she'll stop asking questions to the air in the hopes that I'll keep responding to them.  I just...I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back