October 2017 15K, or get Matt267 PE banned, SPAM thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah humbug.
giphy.webp

REAL TALK SPAM - we just found out last night that our wedding venue has been cancelled four months out!  The venue is basically being sold out from under the business owner.  We do see some humor in the situation (we JUST ORDERED our save the dates Monday, for instance) but it's a little frustrating!  

REAL TALK SPAM - we just found out last night that our wedding venue has been cancelled four months out!  The venue is basically being sold out from under the business owner.  We do see some humor in the situation (we JUST ORDERED our save the dates Monday, for instance) but it's a little frustrating!  
You should have sent venue a "save the date."

Ooo I haven't tried Blue Apron yet, is it worth it?
It's not bad. The meals they pick are decent. But often times, it's about the same amount if meal prep (if not more) than it would with just buying the same ingredients at the store. There's also A LOT of waste with all the packaging that is included with each meal shipment. Everything is wrapped, then double-wrapped, then put in a large box. And if there are perishables, those have even more packaging to preserve them. 

Definitely something cool to try out. The cost is probably a wash if you have a store savings program or use coupons.

Oh no, I just phrased it weird. Just if we get results back next week, then hopefully all the bad luck this week means I've passed the PE. But probably not lol.
Results are at least 3 weeks away. I'm sure your bad luck will run out by then. 

I am beginning to think recruiters who promise all these great leads are using the same job sites that I am using.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am beginning to think recruiters who promise all these great leads are using the same job sites that I am using.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Have you gone out and cold applied at actual firms? Maybe a more personal, face to face interaction would help get your foot in the door. Take a long weekend and go apply in person and have lunch with the wifey?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ooo I haven't tried Blue Apron yet, is it worth it?
I have been using it very off and on for 3.5 years now. It's definitely improved a lot in terms of meal choices and availability in that time!

I don't use it on a regular basis, but generally enjoy it when I do. I've never gotten anything I hated, and generally like the recipes I get (you choose 3 options out of 8). Their customer service is great (the worst thing that's ever happened was I got sent the wrong meal, and that's only happened once -- I got a $20 credit on what was a $60 box). Mainly when I'm using BA, it's because I need some new recipes, I see a recipe outside of my comfort zone I really want to try, or, like this week, I'm coming back from a vacation and I know I won't have time to grocery shop on the weekend.

Overall, I like it, but I don't use it all the time. We can do our own grocery shopping for slightly cheaper, usually.

Spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back