October 2015 Spamfest

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
<-------lives in the midwest, both I and LadyFox make the fatty $$. :thumbs:

Anybody working in the T-line industry and knows of a good mid level opportunity just let me know

Look to Black & Veatch and/or ATC.  Lots of good opportunities there but you have to market yourself accordingly.

Well, if his Ph.D. plans don't work out, I'll be looking at you, @snickerd3!
I really can't even fathom this.  This MS degree has been unbearable at times and pushing the breaking point.  I really don't see any added benefit other than the desire to teach at the college level.  And seeing what my professors go thru, NO THANKS!

Look to Black & Veatch and/or ATC.  Lots of good opportunities there but you have to market yourself accordingly.
I guess I didnt leave BV on very good terms but in my defence I was put through hell there

I worked at BV for almost 2 years in Houston but I had some real bad luck with my manager at BV.I had begun to hate myself. I had to leave. But not a single day goes by when I dont miss working at BV. 

I miss BV. More than that I miss not being at BV. 
You should come work for Kiewit Power next door to BV instead.  We're making a lot of headway in the T&D industry lately and there are a bunch of "evil" coal plants to replace with "less evil" natural gas plants over the next few years.

You should come work for Kiewit Power next door to BV instead.  We're making a lot of headway in the T&D industry lately and there are a bunch of "evil" coal plants to replace with "less evil" natural gas plants over the next few years.
I tried. Would you help me landing at Kiewit. I am a big fan of Kiewit also. They are up there with Power , BV , Burns and Mac 

I really can't even fathom this.  This MS degree has been unbearable at times and pushing the breaking point.  I really don't see any added benefit other than the desire to teach at the college level.  And seeing what my professors go thru, NO THANKS!
He really likes research/analysis. Like REALLY likes it. I don't understand it really either. But he'd be super happy being a prof. He also leans more to the biotech side in his interests, and they all want Ph.D.s to do the research. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back