November 2020 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was surprising to see results today as traditionally they send them out on 12th. Since it was falling on a Saturday I was all mentally prepared for next week instead of today.

It feels good to finally pass Surveying. It was journey where I had to take PE thrice before I passed and then these two exams which due to Covid were being kicked like a can down the road with all the delays. It was truly a test of patience. There was no scope of instant gratification.

The sources I used for Cali Specific tests:

Seismic : AEI webinar. Dr Ibrahim is just amazing. The problems are exactly 20-30% trickier than the actual test and prepare you well. I also referred Heiner but problems very easy in it and were not challenging enough especially if you did AEI webinar

Surveying: CPESR online course + Reza's book. CPESR was a good course to get all the basics checked. There were some minor mistakes which the author was gracious to accept and promised to change in the next edition. The 5 practice tests are amazing too. But, this would not be enough to pass. This is where Reza's book comes in. The problems in it are super tough but given the nature of the surveying exam where you need to look at a problem and quickly identify the approach of how to solve, your conceptual clarity matters a lot. The only way to know if you have better understanding of concepts is to test them with tough problems and that is what Reza's book will do. The problem with this book is that it provides very limited explanation of the concepts and to be fair the author does say to refer a standard text book in preface of the book. Some of the problems in CPESR practice test are similar to Rezas problem set. These overlapping questions are important. Since you cannot carry them from Online test of CPESR, Rezas book becomes very handy. 

Again this forum has been of immense help. I think it would have been difficult to get so much information without this forum. Thanks to its creator. 

It was surprising to see results today as traditionally they send them out on 12th. Since it was falling on a Saturday I was all mentally prepared for next week instead of today.

It feels good to finally pass Surveying. It was journey where I had to take PE thrice before I passed and then these two exams which due to Covid were being kicked like a can down the road with all the delays. It was truly a test of patience. There was no scope of instant gratification.

The sources I used for Cali Specific tests:

Seismic : AEI webinar. Dr Ibrahim is just amazing. The problems are exactly 20-30% trickier than the actual test and prepare you well. I also referred Heiner but problems very easy in it and were not challenging enough especially if you did AEI webinar

Surveying: CPESR online course + Reza's book. CPESR was a good course to get all the basics checked. There were some minor mistakes which the author was gracious to accept and promised to change in the next edition. The 5 practice tests are amazing too. But, this would not be enough to pass. This is where Reza's book comes in. The problems in it are super tough but given the nature of the surveying exam where you need to look at a problem and quickly identify the approach of how to solve, your conceptual clarity matters a lot. The only way to know if you have better understanding of concepts is to test them with tough problems and that is what Reza's book will do. The problem with this book is that it provides very limited explanation of the concepts and to be fair the author does say to refer a standard text book in preface of the book. Some of the problems in CPESR practice test are similar to Rezas problem set. These overlapping questions are important. Since you cannot carry them from Online test of CPESR, Rezas book becomes very handy. 

Again this forum has been of immense help. I think it would have been difficult to get so much information without this forum. Thanks to its creator. 
Hey congrats. We also studied the same way and it worked out great for us both. I’m definitely going to recommend what you mentioned above to anyone planning on taking the exams. Take care!

Hey congrats. We also studied the same way and it worked out great for us both. I’m definitely going to recommend what you mentioned above to anyone planning on taking the exams. Take care
Great 👍

Congratulations on your passing of the exam !!!

I saw that they added 10 licenses overnight. Not mine. They are at 92095 now.
Hey buddy. How are you checking this? 

Complete change in topic regarding address changes...with address changes, you can do it online but the board requires that we notify them of the address change within 30 days. What’s your take on how I notify them? Do I email or call em? 

just curious of your opinion. Thank you!

Complete change in topic regarding address changes...with address changes, you can do it online but the board requires that we notify them of the address change within 30 days. What’s your take on how I notify them? Do I email or call em? 

https://search.dca.ca.gov/
Change license type to Civil Engineer and then go  hunting for the last number they entered. Right now, its 92095.

Best way is to notify the board using the online request

Back