North Carolina is Out!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not contacted them. I guess I should since it's more than 4 weeks. What surprises me is that someone in this tread got his license in 2 weeks, and I still have not heard anything after 4 weeks. Not a word!   

I sent in my paperwork first or second week of June. They charged my fee within two weeks once I have sent it. I received my licence in mail 2 weeks ago (week of July 17th). In my case it took 6 weeks since i original sent it paperwork. 

I sent in my paperwork first or second week of June. They charged my fee within two weeks once I have sent it. I received my licence in mail 2 weeks ago (week of July 17th). In my case it took 6 weeks since i original sent it paperwork. 
Thanks for the info, PEDream. I am going to wait another 2 more weeks, hoping they would complete the process by then. It is just difficult to wait for the license when you know you already passed the exam. I feel like an impatient kid.... :)  

I still do not have my license. I have been in contact with the people at the board. I have had multiple issues with my paperwork either being lost (in the mail or at the board office, I will never know for sure) and my references not filling out the paperwork properly. They have contacted me by email each time explaining the issue, but it can take 3-4 weeks for me to hear a response.

One of my references was the 3rd PE and after I asked him to send in a reference form a 3rd time (first it was lost, second he didnt sign it, only put his seal on it) he got upset with me/the process and made a big deal/gave me grief about sending a form off a third time so I had to find a new reference. I ended up having a tough time finding a third PE since I work in manufacturing/product development and only knew 3 PEs since it isn't very common in my industry. After much searching/networking I found an Alumni who recently got licensed and he mailed his reference form off about a week and a half ago, so I am playing the waiting game again.

It is especially frustrating since finding references and how my references fill out the forms is not something completely within my control. I am going on roughly 12 weeks since I mailed in my original application after I found out I passed and am starting to run out of patience. :brickwall:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back