NFL 2010 Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case you did not see the analogy the Steelers won the Super Bowl the year Big Ben got into trouble the first time. It is that time of the year again.

Last edited by a moderator:
with Rex Ryan showing a bit of conservatism
That 3 man rush didn't leave many Pats open downfield, and still sacked Brady 3 or 4 times.
In all fairness, Shaun Ellis looked like he wanted to eat Tom Brady. I think he was a little pissed from the previous performance.

That aside, the secondary absolutely smothered New England, especially on the short mid-field crossing routes. And for once Cromartie didn't give up any huge plays (personally, I think he's one of the most overrated people on that team.)

The game ended ~7:30 he went out side to go sledding at 8:50 why would the media say that he did it to "celebrate" the win? I don't see the connection.

My husband says the Steelers are the "real deal".
You're husband is a smart man.

DV - you got room for another body on the Steelers band wagon this week?
Always room for you VT.

I feel good about this weekend. being AFC Championship and all, I'm sure NYJ will bring their A game, but when the two played into overtime a month ago, it looked like Jets A game, and was one of Pittsburgh's worst showings of the year.

I'm thinking Bears - STEELERS Super Bowl

Just confirmed that I will be in Club Box seats for the AFC Championship

Got a Parking Pass coming too,

[SIZE=36pt]GO STEELERS !!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

:tt: :tt: :tt:

Damn, all I had was nosebleed seats to watch the Pats lay a stinker while surrounded by Jet fans.
How'd you swing those?
We were 9 rows back from the field about the 30 yard line on the visitors side. The seats afforded us a great view of the Pats playing like dog crap. The section also had a bunch of visitor fans.

Great setas but the game suxed.

Oh and the weather was pretty nice (a little cold but heck it's football) and we had a good cookout/tailgate before the game started.

I had plenty of layers on, so I was pretty comfy. I always get a kick out of the folks that wear a jersey over a turtleneck in January and then complain its cold.

We did have a guy about 10 rows below us puke all over himself. Never seen people move as fast at those fans seated next to him.

We talked to a couple guys on the train that said a woman in their section peed herself. Sexy!

Best seats I ever had was about 9 rows off the field for the 59-0 game last year. We were in the end zone where they scored 5 times in one quarter. We were right next to the tunnel where they run off the field, and I caught some player's game worn glove. Not sure who, just saw a glove land next to me and picked it up.

The only bodily fluid around us at th game was blood from some guys lip. I didn't see the altercation but apparently someone got fed up with his BS and decked him. Saw a few arrests on the way out of asshat Pats fans that couldn't deal with the fact that the Pats just got beat (and yes they were beat) by the Jets.

There were a lot of police in the parking lot.

All in all our section was pretty restrained.

Damn, all I had was nosebleed seats to watch the Pats lay a stinker while surrounded by Jet fans.
How'd you swing those?
Maybe I shouldn't say... but I'll spend the game getting an earful of "business development" speak. But it will be more than worth it.

There were a lot of police in the parking lot.
All in all our section was pretty restrained.
Our section was pretty good for the most part, a lot of friendly barbs between Pats and Jets fans. Did see a situation brewing as we left. We leave at the exit by the bridge/lighthouse and go through the parking lot to the train station.

Some guy in a car nearly hit a fan walking by. The fan kicked the car, the driver took exception to this and things started to get heated. We just kept walking to distance ourselves from things.

Though on the way to the game, my wife used the rest room on the train. A guy just opened it without knocking or anything while she was in there. He was kind of a dick about it, and kept telling his buddies its her fault it wasn't locked. And it didn't matter, because he's seen plenty of the, uh, female genitalia in his time.

I said, "Hey buddy, give it a rest, that's my wife in there." He turned beet red pretty quick and apologized profusely. Asshole.

Well,

It ended up a little closer than I would have liked. But a win, is a win.

:tt:

I got the flu on Friday, and hacked my guts up for a day and a half. Then, sucked it up yesterday and went to the game. I ate right before the game, it was the first thing I had eaten since Friday afternoon. I was really hoping it'd stay down, and it did.

The adrenaline from the game got me thru just fine. I feel like I've been hit by a train today.

I climbed to the second to next row at Gillette a couple year back in a driving snowstorm with a broken foot. When you hear what some of these players go out and play with, you'd feel like a total weenie not to go and sit there.

I got whatever you had on Friday.

Back