New trend in recruiting engineers?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slugger926

Reaction score
A Los Angeles company gave this guy $11,000 cash wrapped in bacon, an oil painting of him self, beard grooming oil, a speargun, year's supply of Dos Equis, Cuban cigars, Sex Panther Cologne, a fancy tuxedo, etc.

/>http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57324275-93/work-with-the-cool-kids-culture-is-a-weapon-in-2011s-hiring-battle/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

hehe...that's funny because I actually got called by head hunter today. now i know where i should be shooting.

What, you mean getting bacon-wrapped cash, a spear gun, and an oil painting of yourself as a signing bonus isn't normal?

yes they are. It was funny on the last night of our cruise the cruise director made an annoucement over the ships PA system reminding folks that cuban cigars are not allowed in the US so they better smoke them now.

I wouldn't take a cruise if you paid me. I don't get the appeal. It sounds boring.

Then again, I measure vacations by how injured I am afterwards, maybe you guys are onto something...

I'd like to take a cruise sometime. My parents seemed to enjoy the one they took from Seattle up to Alaska last year, but I think I would want something a little more tropical...

cruises are a once every 5-6 yr thing for me...I couldn't do it more often. they give you a cheaper glimpse of more places than if traveling to each place individually.

I not only bring in Cuban cigars to the U.S. but also Cuban coffee and Havana Club rum. That's after visiting Cuba from Canada and then driving to the U.S. later on a different trip. Anything from China can come in of course, but nothing at all from Cuba. A truly irresponsible, hypocritical and horsehead law that should be ignored.

Cuban cigars are over rated. IMO there's much better if you have access to a cigar shop. They will educate.

Cuban cigars are over rated. IMO there's much better if you have access to a cigar shop. They will educate.
Agreed, after smoking quite a few, they don't exceed any of the other top brands/lines.

Maybe back in the 60's, 70's and 80's this wasn't the case but today there are plenty of good options.

Back