NEW JERSEY - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You bet I will be there! I want that certificate as soon as possible. You need a 50% to pass the LEED test, but do not let that fool you!

Jpgolf

NEWS!!!

I just called the NJBPE again to let them know of an address change and asked the lady how the whole thing works again.

She told me we will get the License Verification Form in the mail around beginning of September. Fill it out, send the check and all that. AFTER that, you get your license card which allows you to do business. MUCH after that (October, November as we are all predicting here, based on old newsletters) you get your wall certificate.

The good news is once you have the license card, you are home free and ready to go. I would assume then that maybe around early October we would have the license card and the seal as well.

Every little bit of information helps.

Regards,

Jpgolf

JPGOLF

Thanks for the update. Did you talk to Ms. Foreman? I know she was on vacation until 8/2 or 8/3. Ms. foreman is the one I talked to and she puts the license Verification Package together and mails it to you. I can't believe how long it takes to get this done in NJ, oh wait I forgot it is NJ thats why it takes so long.

Old as Dirt Geo

No, I did not speak to Ms. Foreman, but the lady did confirm she was on vacation. I do think she is correct in the license card vs. certificate. It makes sense the certificates would take longer to get out. I specifically asked the lady on the phone if that license card is enough to get a seal. She literally said: "once you receive the license card, you can do business in this state."

Either way, I will still go to the ceremony and get the wall certificate out of the way. I have about 4-5 other ones I need to get framed and I am just waiting for this last one. Maybe I will get some bulk discount!

Jpgolf

I thought that's how it is everywhere isn't it?
No. Here's a quote from Michigan's statute:

(2) In order to be examined as a professional engineer, an individual shall meet all of the following requirements for admission to the professional practice examination:

(a) Provide documentation of not less than 8 years of professional experience in engineering work acceptable to the board of professional engineers, including not more than 6 years of education.

(b ) Provide evidence of completion of a baccalaureate degree in engineering from an accredited program or its equivalent, as determined by the board of professional engineers.

© Provide not less than 5 references, 3 of which shall be from professional engineers who have personal knowledge of the applicant's professional experience.

Thus, no requirement for the experience to be under a PE.

LICENSE UPDATE

I just spoke to Ms Foreman at the NJPE Board and she told me that all the license verification packages went out in the mail this afternoon.

Old as Dirt Geo

Thanks OADG! Actually you just reminded me i moved and I never sent them my new address. I already called Ms. Foreman and she updated it , so my package w/ the new address will be mailed out Monday.

I wonder how long they will take to mail the license cards. At least these packages went out more quickly than we all anticipated.

WE ARE ALMOST THERE GUYS (and GIRLS)!

Jpgolf

Thanks Old As Dirt! Finally something that is seemingly ahead of schedule!

Time to put in the request to order my new business cards!

-Ray

I got my letter on Saturday... going to go get a money order and fill out the form today. I will throw it in the mail tomorrow. Getting close!

-Ray (soon to officially be a PE)

Just sent my form via DHL - guaranteed to be at their office tomorrow by 3PM.

It is finally the homestretch!

-Ray

My letter was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. Will get the money order today and will also overnight it back to the state board.

BigRay what address did you overnight your letter to.

Hey All,

I got my activiation form this weekend too. I am just sending a personal check, via regular mail. I'm using the address on the letterhead (it's a PO Box) to the attention of Linda Foreman. The letter says either check or money order, so I'm hoping that isn't a problem.

It's almost official now!

Old as Dirt,

I sent mine via DHL to the Halsey Street address. That is where I have sent everything to when dealing with the NJ Board.

It was delivered and signed for at 10:18 this morning!

-Ray

I AM DYING HERE! No letter yet, maybe because I live in PA.
Jpgolf

Judging by how quickly the NJ board works, your address correction may take them a while. I mean really, they are paid by the hour in that office....

-Ray

Well, I called Ms. Foreman on Monday to check if she sent it out, and she said she did, I just hope she was not confused. Postal Service should be forwarding my mail, but I have not gotten anything that was forwarded to the new address. I feel like going to my old address and kindly asking if I have received anything!

Let me know when yuo hear back from the board,

Thanks,

Jpgolf

Hey Ray and OADG, let me know when you hear back from the board (hopefully with the license card). I got my letter on Saturday and mailed out on Sat. We are almost there!

Jpgolf

Back