Nevada PE Licensure

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARJ

Reaction score
Has anyone who has RECENTLY applied for a PE license in Nevada had to sit through a interview with members of the Nevada board? The reason I am asking is because I was told they use to required this previously. I called the board and they said they only do that for less than 1% of all applicants, for special cases. Has anyone recently needed to sit through one of these interviews? And what would constitute such a special case?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard that. Do you have some special conditions, like experience, education background, license history?

Has anyone who has RECENTLY applied for a PE license in Nevada had to sit through a interview with members of the Nevada board? The reason I am asking is because I was told they use to required this previously. I called the board and they said they only do that for less than 1% of all applicants, for special cases. Has anyone recently needed to sit through one of these interviews? And what would constitute such a special case?

Never heard that. Do you have some special conditions, like experience, education background, license history?
No. I was just wondering. I am in the process of applying and just want to be prepared for whatever. I haven't even sent my application in yet. I know they conduct these interviews many years ago. I was just wondering if anyone had to endure it recently, and if so, why?

Well, I just got approved for my Nevada License !!!! Reciprocity is awesome!!! Now I just need those California results. :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :bananalama: :bananalama: :bananalama:

FWIW:

The interview process is on the books here in MA also. They use that process for extenuating circumstances say for example someone wishing to waive the exams. I know of an individual that has a PhD and > 20 years experience in engineering and engineering management in private industry, that is now at a consulting company and wants to be registered. MA law allows a PE without the exams provided the applicant can demonstrate sufficient competence to the board. In this case the board wants a personal interview with the applicant to make the decision first hand whether or not to issue a license.

Short of this type of circumstance I can't imagine the board wanting to interview a candidate. There is just too much time and too many people involved.

My 0.02.

a friend of mine moved there last year and he didnt have to interview (if that helps you)

He had both the EIT, PE exams if that matters, I imagine its like MA said, for when some old school person who maybe didnt have to take the FE or something like that

As the local reciprocity slut on this board, I congratulate you!
Why thank you sir!!!

That interview process was something they did many many years ago. A couple of old time engineers that I know brought it up to me as something that they had to go through. Thankfully, they no longer do that.

So I guess everything that happens in Vegas doesnt stay in Vegas :party-smiley-048: (

Back