Neighbors concerned over message shaved into cat's fur

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I want to let folks know my cat isn't a stray for them to take in, I'll just put a collar on it. I'm old fashioned like that.
hmmm...I'm suddenly seeing a correlation between collars and rings.
If you like a thing you shoulda put a collar on it.

As for you men, you're getting into my head. When SCNiki first said "ring" I thought "They make those for lady parts too?"

Wow, YMZ, when Niki said "ring" I was thinking old fashioned, between a collar and a ring, but you have totally made me slip back into the gutter again...home sweet home! On that note, shaving a message or symbol can be a nice surprise... ;)

If I want to let folks know my cat isn't a stray for them to take in, I'll just put a collar on it. I'm old fashioned like that.

As for you men, you're getting into my head. When SCNiki first said "ring" I thought "They make those for lady parts too?"
I had a good friend in college who had a lady ring. She was pretty excited about it and would show just about anyone that asked. She was also for having a certain morally casual attitude, to put it mildly.

I had a good friend in college who had a lady ring. She was pretty excited about it and would show just about anyone that asked. She was also for having a certain morally casual attitude, to put it mildly.
So she WAS a stray cat. Thus the collar-ring analogy doesn't apply, unless you're talking about the kind of ring a normal, non-perverted person would have first thought of.

Last edited by a moderator:

So she WAS a stray cat. Thus the collar-ring analogy doesn't apply, unless you're talking about the kind of ring a normal, non-perverted person would have first thought of.
She may have been into the collar thing, too.

Wow, YMZ, when Niki said "ring" I was thinking old fashioned, between a collar and a ring, but you have totally made me slip back into the gutter again...home sweet home! On that note, shaving a message or symbol can be a nice surprise... ;)
If it doesn't look like it has mange.

And many people don't care if there's a ring / collar or not. Gotta have something that stands out more. At least the kitty in the original story wasn't branded!

nothing like poking the rump with a hot iron.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back