Neighbors concerned over message shaved into cat's fur

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
LOL....

/>http://www.wistv.com/story/20342739/message-shaved-into-cats-fur

ha ha,

WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Neighbors are complaining about a case of possible animal cruelty in Wilmington.

The owners of a cat apparently shaved the message "I have a home" into the pet's fur.

Samantha South, who lives in the Pinecliff community off of Carolina Beach Road, found the cat.

She told us he comes to her home every day and her children give it treats and attention.

The cat's owners also put a handwritten note on the animal's collar, urging people not to feed it.

South says she's horrified by how this pet's being treated.

"It's just wrong," she said. "You have to hold this animal down to shave it like that. It's got to be scared. That's just torture."

South said she's even more concerned about the shaved fur because the past few nights have been very cold and the cat appears to live outdoors.

We tried getting in touch with the alleged owners of the cat but our calls have not been returned.

20342739_BG1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see what the issue is, I do the same thing to my kids before letting them go outside to play...

Had a friend that would spray paint his name into his dog's fir then tell people that he "breed" him that way! Some folks actually believed it!

Shaving an animal down to bare skin in colder temperatures can cause problems; but then again, how cold was it?

Cat's survive some pretty cold temps! My office has a loose cat that's been hanging around our back porch during our recent cold snap (-40*). We can't get close enough to catch it, but it's been eating the dry food we've been leaving out for it. The box with straw seems to help some also and the possible owners have been by a few times to try to catch it too (no luck that I'm aware of).

North Carolina Cold? c'mon.

Life must be pretty good in order to worry about a stray cat...
What can I say; I work with a bunch of cat lovers! Thankfully they havn't gone out to put in heating pads and a shoveled walkway (yet)

I thought it was quite common to have a shaved cat these days. If not completely shaven at least scuplted into a strip or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was quite common to have a shaved cat these days. If not completely shaven at least scuplted into a strip or something.
Now, see, this is what I'm talking about.

It took eleven posts and well over a day to get to this.

sticker,375x360.png

while I think shaving a message into your cat is more than a little odd, people just get wrapped up in things they shouldnt..

ive got a border collie, if she was on a farm she would run / walk more than 50 miles a day doing her job.. the wife and i take her with us on runs and we have both had people, that have no clue what type of dog she is say, wow you know its not good to take your dog running, your going to do damage to their joints,, and ive basically told them to STFU and mind their own business... i guess they didnt notice that she never does anything more than drag ME behind her on the leash at my slow 10 minute mile pace.. everyone thinks other people give a shit about their ideas and opinions,, we dont....

^^hear, hear

By the way, border collies, blue heelers, etc. are phenomenally impressive when trained to do their job on the farm. Watched a collie "just look" at a flock of sheep and they went almost single file through a gate into their pen!

Back