NCEES updated the calculator list for 2007

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used an HP since high school. My brain would fight other calculators for the most of the test if they took HPs off the list.

I don't understand why they'd leave the HP on the list with the most features. Makes no sense. :BK:

Why are they so concerned with calculators? With only 40 questions, anyone with a decent memory can memorize the questions, go back to his car at lunch , write down all the questions he can remember and then go right back into the test after lunch. I don't think it matters anyway, each exam is so very different and i'm sure they can always get more exam questions.

Maybe they need things like this to justify their jobs. Hence the 8-12 weeks processing, etc. It makes for a full year of "work." :whatever:

......With only 40 questions, anyone with a decent memory can memorize the questions, go back to his car at lunch , write down all the questions he can remember and then go right back into the test after lunch.......
I can only remember a very few of the 80 questions - and only when accompanied by blinding flashes of light and extreme migrains :eek:

I have often said that I have the brain the size of a walnut and an IQ that matches my shoe size, but there is no way I could memorize 40 questions :true:

I sure hope I don't have to take the exam again now! You would not believe the trouble I went to get a damn Casio FX-115 ES sent to the CNMI where I live. None of the big dealers will ship a calculator to a PO box for some reason (maybe Al Qaida uses PO boxes to obtain calculators to use as guidance chips for the suicide bombers? :ph43r: ). I ended up paying nearly $80 just to get two of these $17 calculators shipped to me by some shady ebay dealer. Now NCEES goes and strikes it from their list. WHY?

The calculators taken off the list, were they bad compared to the ones left on the list.

Back