NASCC: The Steel Conference

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AISC has released a video on the NASCC homepage stating that they will be making a final decision to continue or cancel the conference on March 20th. I'm holding off on finalizing my session schedule. With the way things are getting shut down nationwide, it will likely be a better solution to either cancel or postpone the conference so the US can "flatten" the curve if at all possible.

Now, if AISC does NOT cancel the conference, will any of the EB members who no longer have to worry about the exam due to the NCEES cancellation attempt to attend?

I got an email from AISC saying pretty much the same thing.

I hope they don't cancel it! 

Bly ...

Still a high probability I drive down there.  So I'd put myself at a 90% confidence level that I'm going.

Prob canceling Vegas but prob not adding the conf sorryy

I'd be surprised if this isn't cancelled with how things have gone...  It doesn't seem like things are getting better.  Chicago is pretty much shutting down.

Yea just spent a G on food and supplies.  I plan on starting a hibrabtion this week.  

Just need to pick up a range membership at the nearby golf course and I'll be doing conferences from the practice tee.

Well, the CDC just announced that everyone should avoid any gathering of 50 or more people for the next 8 weeks. If the conference doesn't get cancelled, I'll be surprised. I'm still planning on attending unless it is cancelled.

Well if chaos is going to be there then certainly I'll plan to be there and will be drinking twice as much.  

Fingers crossed this happens. 

With CDC's new recommendation it likely will be canceled.

:(  

Next year is scheduled for Louisville, Kentucky on April 14-16. Some good distilleries in that area, worth the "whiskey tour".

Next year is scheduled for Louisville, Kentucky on April 14-16. Some good distilleries in that area, worth the "whiskey tour".
too bad that's right before the next exam cycle which I'll be forced to take since the exam this april was pushed to october cycle. i'm just forever not gonna be able to go

Maybe I’m the dumbest dummy that ever dummied, but I feel like the socioeconomic costs of all of these cancellations far outweigh any perceived benefits. 

Back