Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just lol'd...

Watching Red Dawn (original). Just noticed something new for the first time. When the ruskies are at the "Arapaho National Forest Sign" right before they first time the wolverines killed some commies... They ask the younger russian to translate the sign for them, and after watching this scene literally 100 times before, i just noticed that the russian totally made up what he reads and what he reads isnt anything close to whats on the sign...

Sorry just has to share! Check that scene out next time your watching this movie

Went and saw Deadpool with LadyFox on our V-day out last night.  A lot of good action scenes, hilarious dialogue, and some epic kill shots.  

Also took my wife and we both enjoyed it very much.

I'm not a comic book guy so I had to look up some of the stuff afterwards and it made more sense.

Mrs. McCoy and I were about to watch Zoolander 2, but couldn't quite bring ourselves to watch it.

Anyone seen it?

Gotta say, even as a kid, I never really was a huge Bumblebee fan.  Always thought Optimus was the hands-down favorite...

How did Bee lose his voice again after the first film?  He talks at the end of it, but then he's back to using the radio for speech in the other movies.

Deadpool is definitely an adult movie.  Nekkidness, sex scenes, and a lot of very crude jokes.  Ryan Reynolds was one of the writers/producers, so think of it more like Van Wilder meets Xmen.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did Bee lose his voice again after the first film?  He talks at the end of it, but then he's back to using the radio for speech in the other movies.
He never really had it to begin with, and it was never explained why he could speak those two lines at the end of the first movie.

^^^ It is definitely an adult movie.  Nekkidness and a lot of very crude jokes.  Ryan Reynolds was one of the writers/producers, so think of it more like Van Wilder meets Xmen.
yep rated R for a reason!  although lots of parents don't care about that sort thing anymore...especially around here

I let my kids see most movies out there, but it will be a while before I let them see Deadpool.

That being said, I loved it.  Good action, and I love the sarcasm and one-liners.  TJ Miller was a good fit in that movie too.

Last edited by a moderator:
We watched it yesterday since we were off for President's day.  Definitely two enthusiastic thumbs up for Deadpool, but there is no way in he!! I would ever take my kids to see it...boobs, lots of language, bodies getting mangled, etc.

my kids are begging to go see dead pool also so maybe this weekend, heard its good!
Just be advised on the info below.  Had a few friends take their teens to see it as well and were like, umm.....ya not good.  LOL

Deadpool is definitely an adult movie.  Nekkidness, sex scenes, and a lot of very crude jokes.  Ryan Reynolds was one of the writers/producers, so think of it more like Van Wilder meets Xmen.

but can you really enjoy it yourself with your high school kids sitting next to you?  Let them see it on their own

watched the Martian over the weekend,  I enjoyed it, was expecting it to be a little dry but laughed a bunch through the movie, not sure how plausible it all is, but since nasa isn't doing much, at least we can route for the fake Hollywood nasa, also it had some excellent music!

The commander'a choice of music was an excellent running joke in the book. I was pretty happy they included that in the movie.

Back