Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is shutter island the one where they are in the orient and go to some island, a dude gets eaten by a shark, and some basically weird stuff goes on?

Off the top of my head, I will go with The Beach .

Last edited by a moderator:
Went and saw Cowboys -vs- Aliens the other night just because we got there too late to see anything else. It was pretty corny but it was entertaining enough to watch.

It's not a movie, but I just finished watching the Fullmetal Alchemist anime series. If you're a fan of anime, this is a highly recommended series. Even my wife watched some of it and she doesn't like most of my movie or tv choices. Fantastic story line and execution.

It's not a movie, but I just finished watching the Fullmetal Alchemist anime series. If you're a fan of anime, this is a highly recommended series. Even my wife watched some of it and she doesn't like most of my movie or tv choices. Fantastic story line and execution.

I'm not at all an anime fan, but I will agree with you here. I watched FMA in it's entirety.

An even better series was Cowboy Bebop. I was literally teetering on the edge of my chair during the final episode. Great music, too.

I watched Cowboy Bebop as well. I got hooked on these "newer" animes from Adult Swim. Not really sure what's going to be on my list next, though.

I watched Cowboy Bebop as well. I got hooked on these "newer" animes from Adult Swim. Not really sure what's going to be on my list next, though.
Same here. Otherwise, I'd never watch them. Ghost in the Shell is supposed to be pretty good, but they never played enough episodes consecutively for me to figure out what the hell was going on, other than the fact that it starred a lesbian cyborg.

Ghost in the Shell started me on anime many moons ago. Then I saw Akira. Legendary as it is, I thought it was OK. Then came Dragonball and then Gundam Wing. After that, it's a blur.

went to see The Help this weekend. It was a good movie, not great but not bad. So sad society was like that in the 60s. Definitely had some hilarious moments.

I saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes this weekend with my son. I thought it was pretty cool, despite a lot of not so good reviews.

One of the few non-children films I have been able to watch recently was Paul. I thought it was pretty funny, but not quite the laughs-per-minute that I thought it was going to be.

Shrek Forever After - a stinker, with a handful of laughs

Black Swan - Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. It's fair share of creepy moments, though the makeout scene was nowhere near as steamy as I was hoping for. If your wife/girlfriend begs to watch it, just smile and nod and let her think that you're taking one for the team.

Shrek Forever After - a stinker, with a handful of laughs

Black Swan - Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. It's fair share of creepy moments, though the makeout scene was nowhere near as steamy as I was hoping for. If your wife/girlfriend begs to watch it, just smile and nod and let her think that you're taking one for the team.
I'll watch Natalie Portman and/or Mila Kunis read a phonebook.

Portman looked a bit sketchy in this film. Clearly cut some weight to pass as a bulimic ballerina. Kunis though, well, she was as hot as ever.

Saw The Debt

Pretty good but wasn't as much action and/or conspiracy as i thought was going to be.

Saw The Other Woman. Natalie Portman was pretty good in it. Movie was generally OK, but nothing great.

Also saw 11:14, and it was flat out awesome. Great storyline, bouncing back and forth in time around an event that happens at (duh) 11:14. Never realized how bewbaliciaous Rachel-Leigh Cook was.

Back