Mechanical Engineer

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intech

Reaction score
JE4600000049

Position Title = Mechanical Engineer

Education Required = BSME

Years Experience Required = 5

Position Description = Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering with a focus on Machine Design, PE preferred. Hands on experience with various welding techniques a plus (Mig , Tig , Orbital) . Candidate must be expert level in autoCAD Inventor, Experience with high pressure systems , cryogenics also desirable. Familiarity with Microsoft project and other MS office products is necessary. Hazop / FMEA experience a plus.

Duties: Design, assemble, maintain, PC-based measurement and automation systems for company and its customers Nationwide. Includes client contact and moderate travel (mainly in US ).

Location = Cheshire, Connecticut

http://www.intech.net/Submit_Resume.html

JE4600000049Position Title = Mechanical Engineer

Education Required = BSME

Years Experience Required = 5

Position Description = Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering with a focus on Machine Design, PE preferred. Hands on experience with various welding techniques a plus (Mig , Tig , Orbital) . Candidate must be expert level in autoCAD Inventor, Experience with high pressure systems , cryogenics also desirable. Familiarity with Microsoft project and other MS office products is necessary. Hazop / FMEA experience a plus.

Duties: Design, assemble, maintain, PC-based measurement and automation systems for company and its customers Nationwide. Includes client contact and moderate travel (mainly in US ).

Location = Cheshire, Connecticut

http://www.intech.net/Submit_Resume.html
Just want to say that this job is still open. The client is very serious about hiring someone, but just hasn't been able to find anyone who meets his requirements. If you know anybody, we are willing to pay a referral fee of $3,000 if the person is hired and remains on the job for at least 3 months.

Absolute mandatory requirements are:

BSME

Very proficient in Inventor and Solidworks

Other:

Local candidates preferred (translation: if you're not close to CT, you may apply, but you will have to pay your own travel expenses for interviews and relocation)

Job Description says 5 years experience required, but 10 years is more like it

Machining and welding experience highly preferred; other stuff in Job Description would be nice, but is less important.

Pay is pretty good and benefits are excellent

Sounds like it.
This is the type of thing that happens when the news about the economy makes employers believe they have the upper hand. And I emphasize the "news" because the reality the way I see it is that the market for engineers hasn't changed all that much except in certain geographical areas (Michigan, anybody?). The sad part is that the news has caused a lot of companies to implement hiring freezes or even layoffs even though the work hasn't slowed all that much.

Anyway, back to my milk and cookies.

This is the type of thing that happens when the news about the economy makes employers believe they have the upper hand. And I emphasize the "news" because the reality the way I see it is that the market for engineers hasn't changed all that much except in certain geographical areas (Michigan, anybody?). The sad part is that the news has caused a lot of companies to implement hiring freezes or even layoffs even though the work hasn't slowed all that much.
Anyway, back to my milk and cookies.
I agree with you. We have been very since January, and are having trouble finding qualified people. It only looks like it going to get busier. However, our primary customers are pretty specialized, so that makes a difference.

Back