MD Env (PSU Grad)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdm199

Reaction score
Hey folks... Penn State grad here located in MD, going to be taking the Env PE in October... Fighting through a list of reference materials to grab. Just got the Lindeburg manual to start and a few books borrowed from someone that passed last fall.. Good luck to any and all taking it!

Welcome! I passed the Enviro exam in October 06. There's quite a bit of info in the environmental exam forum, and a few of us envirs around to answer the occasional question, and please stick around to add your advice when you're done.

Welcome, jdm. Glad you joined and hope you find what you need here. It's a great site for technical help, but also a lot of fun.

Hey folks... Penn State grad here located in MD, going to be taking the Env PE in October... Fighting through a list of reference materials to grab. Just got the Lindeburg manual to start and a few books borrowed from someone that passed last fall.. Good luck to any and all taking it!
Whoa - for a sec there I thought you were taking the exam next week and just picked up the study guides now! If you get started now you will have ample time to prepare for Oct.

I passed the Envl PE 2 years ago. Hope you have a good book that covers the federal rules and regs, that seems to be a big complaint among the test takers here.

Whoa - for a sec there I thought you were taking the exam next week and just picked up the study guides now! If you get started now you will have ample time to prepare for Oct.
I passed the Envl PE 2 years ago. Hope you have a good book that covers the federal rules and regs, that seems to be a big complaint among the test takers here.
That would not be good if I had 9 days to prepare.. hahaha... I've been fighting (as I am sure msot people do) with what references to get. I think I am going to read through the Lindeburg reference book I just got, start solving some sample problems. That should give me an idea of some references I need and where to find stuff. Then just fill in the blanks. Otherwise trying to pick up every topic you can think of will suck up too much life blood.

BTW - Picking up the Environmental Law Handbook. Also, have some waste books that will help me with RCRA..

BTW - Picking up the Environmental Law Handbook. Also, have some waste books that will help me with RCRA..
It's expensive, but a worthwhile addition to your library if you get involved with regulatory work.

Hazardous Waste Management by LaGrega et al. is a popular one amongst members here. Plus the author is from the same school as me so that's 5 bonus points right there.

Back