McDonald's 12 Biggest Flops

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oddly enough, the Arch Deluxe and Big 'n Tasty were my two favorite sandwiches to ever come out of McDonalds.

the bigntasty tasted a little to peppery for me. The arch dlx was good though

I can't see the list at work...blocked because for being "finance" related

Hmmm, the McLobster? That sounds...

...bad.

I remember the Arch Deluxe very well. I worked at McDonalds when they released that. It was just a regular burger on a "special" bun and the only thing that made the bun any different was that it had a "crease" down the middle. For the privilege of getting a bun with a crease you got to pay $2 extra dollars for the burger. McFail.

The arch dlx was good though
lol, the marketing campaign got to you.

Maybe I'm biased, but at the time you could buy the arch deluxe for $3+ or you could get the 99 cent "Texas Homestyle Burger", which for 99 cents was freaking awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember a couple of these, but I don't think I've ever been a regular customer at McDonalds. If I eat there now, I always get the chicken mcnuggets just because they were my favorite as a kid. It's probably been 2 years or more since I've eaten at one.

I'm about 99% sure I never ate any one of those. Last time I ate there at least willingly was back in highschool and I pretty much limited myself to the Chicken nuggets (that is until I got hit with a really bad round of food poisoning). I'll let the kiddos have a happy meal once in a while, and when I do I end up driving somewhere else to get my food. IMO their burgers are over-priced crap, their fries are horrible, I found out what's in their nuggets, and I don't drink soda, so there goes my desire to eat the majority of their menu...

Usually we end up going somewhere else like Arby's or Chick-fil-a.

I'm about 99% sure I never ate any one of those. Last time I ate there at least willingly was back in highschool and I pretty much limited myself to the Chicken nuggets (that is until I got hit with a really bad round of food poisoning). I'll let the kiddos have a happy meal once in a while, and when I do I end up driving somewhere else to get my food. IMO their burgers are over-priced crap, their fries are horrible, I found out what's in their nuggets, and I don't drink soda, so there goes my desire to eat the majority of their menu...
Usually we end up going somewhere else like Arby's or Chick-fil-a.
but they have changed their nuggests in recent times. Arbys and chick fila aren't much better the mcd's

I loved the Arch Deluxe. The McDLT was OK, but my wife and I used to joke that the Big 'n' Tasty was two lies in one.

When I was in HS I worked in a store in a strip mall a couple doors down from McD. I'd get a supersized value meal for lunch or dinner whenever I worked there. I couldn't imagine doing that now.

I liked the Big Mac and Arch Deluxe. They also had some sort of 'grilled' chicken sandwich I liked.

The McLobster is all over the place in Maritime Canada. I was expecting some awesome seafood there, but most of it was all friend stuff or lobster/crab/clam rolls which were basically a chunk of lobster drowned in mayo.

:plusone: Had the same round of food poisoning/sickness while in high school except it was from Hardees (was out for a week). The only fast food I care to have anymore is from Subway. :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Arbys and chick fila aren't much better the mcd's
Don't you blaspheme in here! DON'T YOU BLASPHEME!! :)

I remember someone calling the Big 'n' Tasty the Big and Nasty, but I can't say I remember ever eating one. I do remember the commercials for the Mc-DLT, though.

I miss the Sausage McSkillet Burrito - sausage, egg, potato, cheese, salsa.

I'd probably be 20 pounds heavier if McDonalds still made those.

but they have changed their nuggests in recent times. Arbys and chick fila aren't much better the mcd's
HERETIC!!!!!!!

Arby's is waaay overpriced for what you get, and their roast beef has always given me a case of the green apple two steps, but their BOGO deal (limit 10) on subs was flatout awesome.

I remember McDLT growing up... it was neat because it kept the hot side hot and the cool side cool!

I'd think McLobster would work. Panera does a lobster sandwich for something like $15 and it's awesome!

Back