Many states are surprisingly early!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vhmehta

Reaction score
I don't know why... But I saw that some of the states have been surprisingly fast than historical data in the excel sheet... Georgia for one. New Mexico!

Do you think your state can pull off a surprise early result?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why... But I saw that some of the states have been surprisingly fast than historical data in the excel sheet... Georgia for one. New Mexico!
The reason?...It is called TECHNOLOGY.

e-mailing results has changed the whole waiting game. It is no fun anymore. We cannot talk about the size of the envelope for a passing or for a failing letter. But I did read a thread about the size of the e-mail. Is not that funny?

Welcome to the 21st Century. Took a while but NCEES finally put their act together.

The time will come when you will only wait 4 weeks for the results.

The reason?...It is called TECHNOLOGY.

e-mailing results has changed the whole waiting game. It is no fun anymore. We cannot talk about the size of the envelope for a passing or for a failing letter. But I did read a thread about the size of the e-mail. Is not that funny?

Welcome to the 21st Century. Took a while but NCEES finally put their act together.

The time will come when you will only wait 4 weeks for the results.
Dark Knight agree with you.. I probably knew the reason.. It takes much more for a state to change its way of operation (First thing is willingness to change). I know that some of the states are still operating the same way they operated 100 years ago! My state MD is just one of them. NCEES are looking much better this time around...

I guess Virginia isn't to excited about this thing call technology yet...
The Quakers here in PA don't even know what technology is. I'm suprised we actually get a letter and not a telegram.
Well... EES, the company in charge of the exam in PA(it used to be) is super slow. Actually I think that EES stands for Extra Extra Slow.

Maybe PA still uses the Pony Express or something but it could be way worse. Just ask the Californians. :p

And some states are surprisingly late, like TX....they still haven't received the score from NCEES yet!

For states that still send results using either pigeon, or snail mail it is really sad... My home state (Maryland) sends results via anything that is cheap! In April the board member told me that it is not possible to become direct notification state because there was no budget for it! They are charging us a good fee for the exam and most of us would not mind paying more if the results come in couple of weeks to a month early. But money is only part of the problem. Most important factor is "readyness to change"

For states that still send results using either pigeon, or snail mail it is really sad... My home state (Maryland) sends results via anything that is cheap! In April the board member told me that it is not possible to become direct notification state because there was no budget for it! They are charging us a good fee for the exam and most of us would not mind paying more if the results come in couple of weeks to a month early. But money is only part of the problem. Most important factor is "readyness to change"
If they changed, some people in MD board might lose their jobs. huh...

If they changed, some people in MD board might lose their jobs. huh...
Yes, that would be cruel.... government employee loosing job!

And some states are surprisingly late, like TX....they still haven't received the score from NCEES yet!
Texans USUALLY find out thru their web site. The site goes off out of the blue and 2 hours later....ZING....new licenses numbers posted. Do not throw the towel...yet.

Hey now, easy on state employees! ;)

Can't be much against state employee myself my wife is Baltimore county teacher!

this just in - the so called Mayan doomsday calendar (12/21 - 2012) is acutally the predicted date for this year's test taker results :true:

this just in - the so called Mayan doomsday calendar (12/21 - 2012) is acutally the predicted date for this year's test taker results :true:
Wow, I forgot to look there!! This all makes sense! This may be my last PE trial so they ended the calender at that date! Thanks.

Back