Many references & null preparation - Suggestions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sat

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Few more days to go, i have many references, just came to home after 2 months field trip. Started just. Any tips or suggestions.

References i have

1. CERM

2. All in one

3.some course material

Transpo Depth

1.Green book

2.MUTCD

3.HCM

My open book exams in school used to be 1 hour looking around and direct hit with a reference book and finally i graduated with 3.61 GPA. But for PE i will be doing 2 weeks looking around and direct hit with all references.

So i need valuable suggestions. Thanks.

Hi guys,

Few more days to go, i have many references, just came to home after 2 months field trip. Started just. Any tips or suggestions.

References i have

1. CERM

2. All in one

3.some course material

Transpo Depth

1.Green book

2.MUTCD

3.HCM

My open book exams in school used to be 1 hour looking around and direct hit with a reference book and finally i graduated with 3.61 GPA. But for PE i will be doing 2 weeks looking around and direct hit with all references.

Advice? Stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye? :dunno:

My advice would be to work problems, but if you are only starting to study two weeks out I'm not sure if that's the best strategy since you won't have time to cover all the topics. Get familiar with the references and hope that you remember or can find how to solve the problems without much preparation.

Hi guys,

References i have

1. CERM

2. All in one

3.some course material

Transpo Depth

1.Green book

2.MUTCD

3.HCM

you posted this exact same question in two separate threads yesterday. I merged them b/c I didn't think we needed the same topic multiple places on the board.

Edit: Now I've merged all three here.

Last edited by a moderator:
download the index for the cerm, it is found on-line. I also created my own index for where to find certain things in particular books, then labled the outside of each book with a #. Has helped out immensly for locating that odd formula or two.

Thanks humner and playboy for the suggestions ... first thing i want to do is indexing and labeling ... 2nd thing will try to do depth questions (transpo) ... week each ... any more suggestions ....

Best of Luck! Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. However, i do believe that someone can pass this with little prepartion, there are just those people. I am not one of them. My advice, just make sure you find the formulas, and understand the varibles within those equations and you may be fine. :)

Back