Man Plays Civilization II For 10 Years, World Disintegrates into 'Nightmare Of Suffering'

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave up on Civilization about 5 years ago. After too many nights of "one more turn" turning into "oh crap the sun is coming up" I figured I'd better find something better to do with my time, before I ended up losing my job or something.

Then I found EB.

Awesome! Especially with SId Meier congratulating him. I only played Civ I, but yeah, it was the only game I ever stayed up all night playing. I don't think you could keep Civ I going that long - you either won it by conquering the world or sending colonizers into space. I am pretty sure you could not keep playing after that, but maybe I never tried.

Awesome! Especially with SId Meier congratulating him. I only played Civ I, but yeah, it was the only game I ever stayed up all night playing. I don't think you could keep Civ I going that long - you either won it by conquering the world or sending colonizers into space. I am pretty sure you could not keep playing after that, but maybe I never tried.
I never played Civ I, but most of the other versions gave you the option to play "one more turn" after completing a winning scenario. You could play a lot more then just one turn though. I'd never kept playing much beyond that because there usually wasn't much point. There weren't many goals left to accomplish and there were no more (or very few) technologies or units left to discover, so the game wasn't that fun anymore. Also, I had a tendency to try to win by global domination rather then via diplomacy or the space race, so I'd usually beaten my opponents back to the point where they couldn't put up a meaningful fight even if they wanted to. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back