Luis's

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rleon,

I think the schedule is supposed to be used to estimate when every state gets their results by any means I think. Those getting direct mail, those by website, etc,,, will get answers in these orders.

Looks like the ones that did come in did so about 7 days sooner, on average than his estimate. Some said it was because he did not allow a week for Christmas and Thanksgiving hoiliday setbacks. Don't know why many of the other early bloomers didn't come in yet though.

Yeah, I'm obsessed. :thumbsup: Hopefully it will slack off big time when that envelope comes in whithin the next day or two! :D

Ed

I heard that you might see your name on the PE list in CO before you get the envelope. Something else to obsess on!

Stupid question here, but CO examinees only right? In other words, someone from LA won't see their name on the CO list, correct? :dunno:

I know, its getting late and I am tired and burned out.

Ed

not unless they applied for the CO PE. I know the burn out syndrome. when I check the list, I keep seeing a name that is similar to mine and have a nanosecond freakout. you think that I would have learned not to fall for this after the tenth time or so? I need some sleep!

Missouri's board changed their policies and went from being the last to near the first group of states to receive results. I'm going to be mailing them next week giving them some props.

I recommend if you can, to support all boards to move to using ELSES direct mailings to test takers. It looks like it can cut off 1-2 weeks wait.

FYI - for those who are still waiting and frustrated.

The first post here has the schedule of results that Luis put together last year.

See what we've got ahead of us yet? oh boy.

i personally appreciate the hardwork it took for you guys to put that schedule together. it was helpful for estimating when i would get my FE results.

i anticipate using it again in April when i take the PE.

cool...

:danc

yup, too much sense.

How nice would it be for a guy to know he didn't even get 40%, so he'd better start studying for the next go round?

They're probably afraid it would take away too much control or power from them.

they'll say something like, we can't say for sure that 75% will pass or 40% will fail... blah, blah, blah.

I agree with your proposal and it makes PERFECT sense. Too bad we can't get a dialogue going with someone in power at NCEES.

Ed

There is NO reason 75% should not pass. That's for sure. So if you have above that before 'curving', why not find out, and move on with your life, and enjoy the raise.

I tend to give companies in capitalist countries the benefit of the doubt most of the time when it comes to efficiency but I will say the following:

They probably have an entire staff of people who's job it is to grade the exam and distribute the results out to the states. They need something to do, they only give tests twice a year. :D Why would they want to scan the results and post them on the internet in a week? Without another company to compete with NCEES in the test giving business we all have to deal with whatever they decide to do.

It's kind of like Congress. Real reform or change or whatever you want to call it will probably never happen. Those idiots aren't going to do anything that's against their own personal interests. Term limits? Never happen. Tacking ridiculous pork onto bills the President has to sign, etc. ****, the Republicans are just as bad ad the Democrats.

How the hell did I get on the subject of politics? :)

All of that being said, I don't think NCEES is all that bad. 8 weeks isn't really completely ridiculous, I've got to believe there are some important safeguards going on within that timeframe. The states really should be ready to distribute results as soon as they get them from NCEES though. I'd be pissed if it took my state more than a week to make that happen.

The wait wouldn't be that bad if people who failed didn't have to study for the exam again. In my case I passed, by some miracle, but in California we don't get the results until 12 weeks after the exam. In some ways that puts a Californian at a disadvantage to a Texan who gets their results in 8 weeks. Of course, you could start studying right away anyway, but realistically, who wants to do that?

^ I sure as hell wouldn't.

I've heard of some people that take the weekend after the exam off, and then start studying again just in case.

I'd hate to spend those 8-10 weeks studying for nothing.

Back