• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking to buy Seismic Study Materials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jleigh09

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a jump start on studying for the CA Seismic exam in April 2013 and am looking to buy the following books:

1) The Seismic Design Review Workbook for the IBC 2009 by Steve Hiner

2) Seismic Principles Practice Exams for the California Special Civil Engineer Examination, 4th edition, by Baradar

3) Seismic Design Solved Problems, 6th edition by Baradar

4) Seismic Design of Building Structures, 10th edition by Lindeburg

5) Timber Design for Civil and Structural PE Exams, 7th edition, by Robert Kim

Please email me at [email protected] if you have any of these books and would like to sell them. Thank you!

Thanks for the advice ptatohed. I don't have a strong background in seismic/structural so I'd rather be over prepared than under. While all these books might be overkill, I'd rather feel confident that I had as much study prep as possible than walk into the exam wondering.

Steve Hiner has been purchased. Does anyone else have any of the other books for sale?

I understand. I was the same way. But, I'd still recommend spending more time on less sources than less time on more sources. This is just my recommendation but I'd recommend one main Seismic study guide (ex. Hiner, Mansour, Lindurg or my good friend Ibrahim) (not all) and then as many practice problem resources as you can (ex. Baradar). You'll need the ASCE7 and the IBC/CBC too. You won't need the Timber design book. Good luck!

Back