Looking to Buy Das Review book & question on Levenspiel (Chemical Reaction Engineering) Solutions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipper544

Reaction score
2 questions:

1. Anyone have a copy of Chem Eng. PE 'Das' Books (Review book and/or Q/A set) they are willing to sell?

2. One of the suggested review books for Kinetics that I have acquired is 'Chemical Reaction Engineering' by Octave Levenspiel (I happen to have the 2nd edition but know that there is a more recent 3rd edition out there as well).

There are a lot of great Kinetics problems at the end of each chapter, but it is a college textbook so solutions are not presented. From a quick Google it appears that a solutions manual does exist, but is not for sale or easily accessible anywhere. Anyone know of a source for a solutions manual?

Thanks in advance.

How about using the examples in each chapter for practice? Those have the solutions. By the time I got a Levenspiel book, it was crunch time; I only had time to study using the examples. Good luck on the exam.

I would not recommend the Das Review 3rd Ed.

I have discovered many errors.

I would recommend the Chemical Engineering Reference Manual 5th Ed.

Back