Life After Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCPE

Reaction score
I must say my weekends are sooo long these days compared to pre exam weekends. I find myself accomplishing many honey doos as well as some personal projects. I will be honest, if I missed more than 3 problems in the morning I would be shocked. I took CE - WR I hoped I passed. If I didn't I wouldn't know where to begin. I am sure many others feel the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
That pretty much describes my life - "honey do's" every weekend and kinda getting back to life as normal (though my wife's due to have a baby any moment, so things are hardly normal, even now...)

The sentiment regarding the test is well expressed - if I failed, I can't imagine how I could have done better than I did... I took transpo and the funny thing is, I ran into a guy I knew who was taking WR and he said he took Transpo last time and, to quote, "man, that was wicked..." April must have been an easy test. I had an extra hour to recheck my work in the afternoon.

It has been nice to have some free time, my old lady finished up her final about a week ago so we both just stare at each other wondering what to do with our free time :cig:

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to round up some extra work around here. That Corvette Z06 is not going to buy itself.

I have found myself thinking about a new vehicle myself, I drive a 14 year old Jeep with 185,000 miles on it, Its great in the summer for topless / doorless driving, but heck this thing was made in america, no way it should still be running..

I've been working on the engagement thing myself. I've been dating the gf for about 5 years, and we've lived in a place together the past year.

She was amazing to me during my test prep. Listening to me gripe, picking up the slack as far as stuff around the house, making me dinner, etc.

And if I passed, she definitely had a significant role in it.

So I've been ring hunting lately. I won some vouchers for a weekend at a snooty lodge in the Green Mtns. next month, and I think I'm gonna go for it.

look at me, I am married with 3 kids, do I seem like a happy guy to you?

:suicide:

but if you must then good luck / congrats.

The thing I hated the most in the months before the exams beside the studying was the feeling of guilt while doing something besides studying and work. I always felt like I should be studying when hanging with friends or family. I was like " I should be going over sludge kinetics or etc. etc.". It really sucked. Now my free time really is free, no guilty feelings.

^ I hated the guilt. It was the worst.

I totally know what you mean. I'm a horrible person because I'm not studying 24/7. I'm also a dirtbag because I'm not spending times with anyone. It's so hard to shake.

office_dwight.jpg

Right now, I don't think there is much life after the exam. Being in limbo is a torture on its own. Life after PASSING is going to be another story though!!!

Ed

Work will still suck, so Life after the exam wont be too different, I just would have an enormous monkey off my back if I pass :true:

Back