Licensure in other states

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CntrSnr2001

Reaction score
I just passed, but I'm anticipating my firm will want me to get licensed in other states. We're doing work all over the country.

Is there a listing anywhere that mentions what states need what for licensure, for example, in (blank) state you need to submit XYZ paperwork with a (amount) check.

Just planning ahead. Thanks!

^^^ If you're planning on getting registered in multiple states, I would recommend getting an official NCEES record. It's a good baseline for the requirements needed for most states.

True ... If you plan on getting more than 2 additional states, gets the NCEES record. You will end up saving money. But remember ome parts of it are only good for like 6 months. So if you are going to spread out your reciprocity/commity throughout the year, you should just pay out of pocket.

Some states such as NJ require alot of paperwork, time, multiple check payments and a law exam .... others such as MD only require a form, payment and references. MD took less than a month to receive my license; NJ took almost 9 months.

Back