Launch of Unknown Missile Caught on Tape in California

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
Now, this is really weird. Wonder if they were testing something that's from a black program.

"NORAD and USNORTHCOM are aware of the unexplained contrail reported off the coast of Southern California yesterday evening," the agency said in a statement. "At this time, we are unable to provide specific details, but we are working to determine the exact nature of this event. We can confirm that there is no indication of any threat to our nation and we will provide more information as it becomes available."
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mystery-mis...ory?id=12097155

Whoa... that's kind of spooky. It's got to be some US test. Because if it's not, the alternative is just too horrible...

Sure looks big and erratic for a jet you can barely see.

Yeah, I'm not buying the contrail. The acceleration rate looked pretty low for a missile, though.

I'm hoping we discover that someone just built an awesome model rocket, complete with build pics.

Remember back in 1996 when Flight 800 crashed off Long island, many witnesses reported a missile rising off the surface, then an explosion, then a plane crash.

This too was 'explained away' by the powers that be.

Remember back in 1996 when Flight 800 crashed off Long island, many witnesses reported a missile rising off the surface, then an explosion, then a plane crash.
This too was 'explained away' by the powers that be.
Do I remember that? YES! I was on a transatlantic flight mere hours after that crash occurred and we were flying almost the same flightpath as TWA 800. I remember being at the airport just prior to departure and the place was a zoo with security (all carrying automatic weapons and riot gear). Fun memories.

I've always believed Flight 800 was a terrorist attack. I also think the Middle East had a hand in the OKC bombing.

I also think the Middle East had a hand in the OKC bombing.
I don't think so because Timothy McVeigh was never called by 3 names in the media. Everybody knows that a person implicated to cover up a government conspiracy is identified by 3 names (i.e., Lee Harvey Oswald, John Wilkes Booth, etc.).

Back