KFC Replaces Sandwich Buns with Chicken Breasts

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
( USA TODAY) - KFC is putting its chicken where its buns were.
Tuesday, the nation's largest chicken fast-food chain announced plans to nationally roll out a breadless chicken sandwich that uses two boneless chicken fillets as the bun - then squeezes two pieces of bacon, two slices of cheese and some sauce in between.

Drooling yet? You'll have to wait a few days. The $5 sandwich, dubbed the Double Down, will be available at all KFCs on April 12.

125qgdv.jpg
http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=85890

This sounds healthy.

I do believe I'm going to start sandwiching my cheeseburgers between two ribwiches.

^It's actually not too bad compared to other fast food burgers. I think the original recipe has about 500 calories or so and the grilled is a little less than that. That's about the same as a Big Mac. I doubt I'll get one, but then again I don't eat fast food that often.

Didn't they try rolling this out last summer? I remember seeing it on tv when I was in Columbus, NE. Maybe that was one of the test markets, but I have seen this before.

Either way, it looks really good but I can feel my heart skipping beats just thinking about it.

I think my cholesterol went up 20% just looking at the picture.

does a picture of the actual product look more or less appetizing than the promotional marketing photo?

500x_kfc-double-down-chicken-sandwich.jpg

To me the promotional photo looks like two McDonalds hashbrowns surrounding bacon and cheese. Maybe McDonalds should market that as their new breakfast sandwich.

Because while putting stuff between two breasts sounds like a good idea, sometimes the reality is far from the fantasy

FatGirlBday.jpg

does a picture of the actual product look more or less appetizing than the promotional marketing photo?
500x_kfc-double-down-chicken-sandwich.jpg

To me the promotional photo looks like two McDonalds hashbrowns surrounding bacon and cheese. Maybe McDonalds should market that as their new breakfast sandwich.
less appeallin, cuz it looks like you now need a bun to make it less messy.

The kicker is that based on how big this "sandwich" looks, I'd probably still be hungry afterwards.

Back