Kaplan Power Review

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frecoder78

Reaction score
Has anyone heard about Kaplan's new power review? good or bad? If so does anyone have it for sale?

Has anyone heard about Kaplan's new power review? good or bad? If so does anyone have it for sale?
If it is similar to the "old" one...Go for it. It was a great help for me. Do not bother buying the review. Just buy the sample test and work, work, and when you are done working, work a bit more.

My :2cents:

Are you talking about the one that is $109 on the kaplan website? I saw this and was wondering the same thing. Heck at this point if I can find even the answer to one more test problem in a book I'd pay $100 :)

http://www.kaplanaecengineering.com/kaplan...uct_detail.aspx

If this is truly written specifically for the POWER exam, it might be worth a look. I'd like to hear if anybody has this version and if they think it is worth it.

If it is similar to the "old" one...Go for it. It was a great help for me. Do not bother buying the review. Just buy the sample test and work, work, and when you are done working, work a bit more.

My :2cents:
Thanks a bunch dark night. I pretty much studied for 4 months this past April and didn't passed. The funny thing was that I felt confident I passed which concerns me. I'm going for another shot in April and hopefully I will get it this time around.

Good luck Frecoder.

If you have questions do not hesitate and ask here. That is what we are here for. Somebody, I bet Flyer, will answer the questions.

The Kaplan's test it is not PE format but it will prepare you for the test because will go over the basic concepts in many areas. It worked for me. Will work for you.

I just bought this and it seems to explain things really well. But nothing to indepth. All topics discussed were on the exam (except econ.) I like it better than Camara which just has too much information.

I haven't got around to working the practice exam.

I haven't got around to working the practice exam.
The review it is not that good. The Practice Exam it is not PE style but it is good because will force you to work on basic concepts. Those are the ones that will make the difference at the end of the day at the PE exam.

Good discussion. I was going to start a new topic on this but I figured I would start here first. Along with the new Kaplan PE power review book, are there any additional exam preparation materials that anyone would recommend? I already have the NCEES power sample questions and solutions and have been working those. Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

The Kaplan practice exam is really hard. However I think the NCEES sample exam is too easy. The PPI exams is in between the two.

The Kaplan practice exam is really hard. However I think the NCEES sample exam is too easy. The PPI exams is in between the two.
Kaplan's it is not PE format and it is difficult. My advice would be to work both the Kaplan's and the NCEES' as preparation. I promise you will pass. There is no way to fail if you really do that and put 100% effort. Leave the NCEES to the end. Work first the Practice Test from Kaplan.

One more thing...do not buy or try the Kaplan's review. It is worthless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaplan's it is not PE format and it is difficult. My advice would be to work both the Kaplan's and the NCEES' as preparation. I promise you will pass. There is no way to fail if you really do that and put 100% effort. Leave the NCEES to the end. Work first the Practice Test from Kaplan.
One more thing...do not buy or try the Kaplan's review. It is worthless.
Thanks for the tip Dark Knight. Is this the Kaplan practice test (for the power discipline) you are referring to?

^^^Yes it is.

Remember, the format it is not the format used in the test and it is not easy. You will have to work hard on your basic concepts and think but that will pay off the day of the test. Take my word on that one. Do not get frustrated or discouraged. Keep pushing.

Back