Judge orders parents to pay for daughters college

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my parents did paid fees on my BS Civil Eng, MSc Engineering and my third degree BS Arch that I didn't finished. also my sister with BS Nursing and BS Pharmacy and younger brother BS Occupational Therapy. They were very responsible parents and value education for their kids, all we did was study hard and get good grades.

mr snick's parents paid for all of his college expenses. They also paid for his older brother...which probably cost more even though he just ended up with a couple associates degrees. He was a professional student for awhile, started 2 yrs before mr snick and finished several years after mr snick.

My dad's deal was "I'll give you your first car and pay for your undergrad education...after that, I don't want to support you any more." I ended up an engineer and my sister is a lawyer...he hasn't had to pay for anything for either of us since undergrad. It was made non-subtly clear, though, that if we failed or were going to take longer than 4 years for undergrad, his support of our education would end. That was good enough motivation for me.

Still paying student loans. We had a roof to live under, food, and got gas money every once in a while after we could drive (first car was $700). I was a Janitor when I was 16 at night after football practice. I believe that paying my own way made me better than I would have been had things been paid for.

Sue your parents for college money? Go be a Janitor for a while $hit head.

Still paying student loans. We had a roof to live under, food, and got gas money every once in a while after we could drive (first car was $700). I was a Janitor when I was 16 at night after football practice. I believe that paying my own way made me better than I would have been had things been paid for.

Sue your parents for college money? Go be a Janitor for a while $hit head.
That's it LJ. Phenomenal.

Back