Jeep Renegade, new CUV

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maxresdefault.jpg

It's from an anime movie, Initial D. The other car in the below picture is the main character's car, the RX-7 is his friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_D

1262921_619553204732992_931401764_o.jpg

I'm guessing with the AE-86 it is a drifting based film.

As an aside, I've always loved that geenration Corolla Liftback GT-S. Because of the damn drifter, you can't find an unmodified one.

Oddly enough, the 82-86 Celica Supras aren't drifted, and remain, IMO, greatly underated. I'd love to have one.

I hope ford goes through with that bronco! The 70's broncos were bad ass....

It's from an anime movie, Initial D. The other car in the below picture is the main character's car, the RX-7 is his friend.

As an aside, I've always loved that geenration Corolla Liftback GT-S. Because of the damn drifter, you can't find an unmodified one.

Oddly enough, the 82-86 Celica Supras aren't drifted, and remain, IMO, greatly underated. I'd love to have one.
Yeah, it's a street racing/drifting cartoon. There is both a cartoon TV series and a live action movie (both on netflix). The movie isn't bad, but it's Japanese and subtitled. Not a horrible way to burn an hour and a half on a weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, it's a street racing/drifting cartoon. There is both a cartoon TV series and a live action movie (both on netflix). The movie isn't bad, but it's Japanese and subtitled. Not a horrible way to burn an hour and a half on a weekend.

That Japanese stuff is weird. I saw Riding Bean, and...wtf, man? I sure didn't expect any of that.

The story line is pretty straight forward. Kid is a mechanic by day, and a delivery guy by night. During his nightly delivery runs, he drives this same mountain route over and tries to beat his previous night's time. Because he starts racing, he damages the tofu he's delivering, so his dad makes him drive with a full cup of water on the dashboard and if he spills, the cost of the tofu is deducted from his paycheck. Eventually, he's able to beat his racing times while not spilling any water because he's so smooth with the car. One night while driving the route, he catches a couple street racers in the middle of a race and passes them like they were nothing. This happens a few times and eventually the racers come to fear his car because they never know who drives it (he never stops at the finish line). Eventually, he gets drug into the racing scene, wins everything, and they follow him as he advances through the ranks of opponents. I believe he finally loses to "the bad guy", loses all confidence, stops racing, returns to his previous life. Then he finds out his dad used to be a world famous racecar driver. Confidence back, he challenges the bad guy, and you probably can figure out the ending.

Back