Jeep Renegade, new CUV

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
140303113949-jeep-renegade-2015-620xa.jpg

Chrysler Group unveiled a new small Jeep SUV that will be built in Italy. The Renegade will be the first Jeep ever to be built exclusively outside of the United States. It was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in Switzerland.
The Renegade will be produced with 16 different engine and transmission combinations and will be sold in more than 100 countries, Chrysler Group said, including the United States. Since the merger of Chrysler and Fiat in January, Chrysler Group is now part of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. The Renegade includes input from both the American and Italian sides of that company.

The Renegade will offer the sort of off-road capability traditionally associated with Jeeps, Chrysler said in its announcement, but with city-sized proportions. Like the Jeep Wranger, it will be available with removable roof panels.
http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/04/autos/jeep-suv-renegade/index.html?iid=HP_LN

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is going to be a huge hit.

Tiny CUV's are doing well. Look at the Buick Encore. And this is for world markets, where they will sell even better.

If they were going after the Soul/Juke crowd, they hit it out of the park.

I really think out of respect for the jeep namesake they should change the goddamn name. This is a renegade

apa3u9an.jpg

Jesus Christ it was just the first pic I pulled of the net.. Lets see your jeep!

;)

I would argue that the YJ jeeps are probably the last real jeeps because all the ones that came after it had too much really electronic bullshit options in

I would argue that the YJ jeeps are probably the last real jeeps because all the ones that came after it had too much really electronic bullshit options in

That argues that the CJs are the last real jeeps (which I actually concur with).

I'd actually say the CJ-5 was the last real jeep, because the -7s were made for the sissy-boy automatics.

I owned a CJ-5, a YJ, and a TJ... My favorite was the YJ. The CJ 3 speed handled horribly on the pavement above 40 mph, the TJ just had too much shit to break and I found the YJ comfortable in the middle... Comfortable enough on the highway but great for the dirt and mud

The CJ looks "cooler" but in the winter they have zero heat , dangerous roll bar and really zero comfort(I drove one to Daytona- good lord that was a long long trip)..

^There is no way I'd use one for a daily driver. That isn't what they were made for.

How about the JP version?
I know a few of those (I'm in the red hoodie next to my car, the guy in the yellow shirt to my left is a good friend and owns both the JP Jeep and the Ecto-1 Magnum):

1397810_643534345668211_929517431_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back