Its now illegal to not eat all your peas (in Seatlle)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're trending toward not allowing compostables in the garbage in CA too. We have a 75% waste reduction goal we're trying to meet.

Unlike Seattle though, I believe this will entail providing residents with either composting bins, or separate disposal containers so the food waste can be disposed of in an anaerobic digester to produce energy.
oh yea...compost bins for food that will bring all the vector animals to the yard.

They're like, it's better than yours?

Didn't you see the Dirty Jobs where Mike went to the farm where they take all the Vegas buffet leftovers? It goes into slop that feeds the pigs. Pigs that make bacon! Hurray for buffet waste!

we actually have a 2:1 ratio of recycle bins to trash bins at our place. And we frequently fill up both with cardboard, beer bottles, wine bottles, tequila bottles, vodka bottles, and milk jugs..

I am not anti- recycling, but recycling only exists because of government subsidies.. We pay something like $55/month for trash / recycling

I don't see the point in mandated compositing (City of Boulder), if it will degrade eventually then that's what we want it to do right? why separate it out and spend extra money (usually tax payer money) on composting-let that shit degrade... we have a small composting pit in the back yard for the garden (egg shells, banana peals, extra), you can GFY if I am gonna ever separate out all things compostable at my house to se tout on the MF'n curb..

large overcrowded unsustainable cities just needs to fire the incinerators back up if they don't have room for their trash at the "Inn"

I love to recycle.

this_car_powered_by_recycled_dinosaurs_bumperstick_bumper_sticker-r677b878a792f4642b5de2261b94b4e6f_v9wht_8byvr_512.jpg

RG, think of it this way:

Every dollar that goes to subsidize recycling is one less dollar available to build bike lanes...

so you put like your moldy bread out front?

sadly I think were going to end up paying for sustainability and bike lanes I am afraid..

The next article from Seattle will be the city whining that their sewage treatment plants are overflowing and that they need to raise taxes to pay for new facilities. Right next to it will be the article for how effective the fines have been for recycling...

Of course the sewage treatment plants will be overflowing. Just think of what all those extrea peas and leafy greens will do to their BM's!

A whole head of lettuce will do wonders for garbage disposal and sewer line clean out. Found out how well it worked from the other halfs dad this past week.

Back