is this material enough !

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PEoct

Reaction score
dear friends

i cant study as long as i dont see all the books on my rack :rtft: ,,,,, so finally i gathered all the material and references i could possible by following this forum!

[SIZE=10pt]PE MATERIAL:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]John A. Camara; Power Reference Manual for the Electrical and Computer PE Exam[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]John A Camara PE practice problems[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Notes from Cal state LA[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Wildi book[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Grainger book[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]GA Tech binder[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Graffeo handbook for PE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Chelapti[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2011 NEC[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Sample problems[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Complex Imaginary Complete Set (Volumes 1-4)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Spin up all sample papers[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]NCEES practice test[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]PE sample question and solutions. (2001)[/SIZE]

would it be counted as the good PE material to study. this April i was not having enough resources so trying my best to gather them.

thank you and as always every word counts.

thank you guys. u all have already helped me half way through, now its time for me to work hard and work my best :)

dear friends

i cant study as long as i dont see all the books on my rack :rtft: ,,,,, so finally i gathered all the material and references i could possible by following this forum!

[SIZE=10pt]John A. Camara; Power Reference Manual for the Electrical and Computer PE Exam[/SIZE]

would it be counted as the good PE material to study. this April i was not having enough resources so trying my best to gather them.

thank you guys. u all have already helped me half way through, now its time for me to work hard and work my best :)
Wow. I think you have more than enough. That said, I'll just add that if you can get a copy of the NESC that may be helpful. Don't buy it, try to borrow a copy from somewhere. I borrowed one from work and it helped more than I expected. Also, I'm not a big fan of the Camara book but if you are going to spend some up front time reading, the Wildi book worked for me. It's also one I'm keeping. Also, the CI book is very helpful. I guess between that, the NCEES practice exam and other sources I did something like 500 practice problems. Can't stress the practice problems enough.

Best of luck!

Bruno

dear friends

Wow. I think you have more than enough. That said, I'll just add that if you can get a copy of the NESC that may be helpful. Don't buy it, try to borrow a copy from somewhere. I borrowed one from work and it helped more than I expected. Also, I'm not a big fan of the Camara book but if you are going to spend some up front time reading, the Wildi book worked for me. It's also one I'm keeping. Also, the CI book is very helpful. I guess between that, the NCEES practice exam and other sources I did something like 500 practice problems. Can't stress the practice problems enough.

Best of luck!

Bruno
thankyou Bruno. ya i have been following ur post to regularly.

this forum is my only source for PE.

did u went through the whole book of wildi, i find it little hard may because of theory part.

thank you Bruno

I Hope this list also help fellow examinees as their check list !

as i heard about all this material over and over again.

good luck

I'm also taking the PE Power this coming October. So far, these are my reference books:

- Elements of Power System Analysis 4th ed. by Stevenson

- Electrical Machines, Drives, and Power Systems 6th ed by Theodore Wildi

- Handbook of Electric Power Calculations by Beaty

- Electric Power Distribution System Engineering 2nd ed. by Turan Gonen

- 2011 NEC Handbook

- 2012 NESC Handbook

- IEEE Standard C37.2

I'm also taking the PE Power this coming October. So far, these are my reference books:

- Elements of Power System Analysis 4th ed. by Stevenson

- Electrical Machines, Drives, and Power Systems 6th ed by Theodore Wildi

- Handbook of Electric Power Calculations by Beaty

- Electric Power Distribution System Engineering 2nd ed. by Turan Gonen

- 2011 NEC Handbook

- 2012 NESC Handbook

- IEEE Standard C37.2
u to did good job to. that great u got Handbook of Electric Power Calculations by Beaty. it was mentioned in the forum but from 2010 post :) its very good for practice problems. also buy sample paper, Spin up. Complex imaginary and NCEEs are MUST HAVE dnt skip them.

thanks

Handbook of Electric Power Calculations by Beaty. & NESC are on my later list !

Chelapti book actually is pretty outdated. I saw someone had it during April exam and the guy has the book literally sitting there and I asked him about it he basically said the same thing.

This is my list..similar

1) GA Tech Binder

2) Wildi

3) Grainger

4) Formula Book and personal notes binder

5) Graffeo

6) NEC and NESC

7) misc binders - hail Mary stuffs

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=10pt]Looks very similar to what I picked up over the last year to get ready for the October exam[/SIZE]

This is my list of study material:

[SIZE=10pt]1. GA Tech PE Power Review Binder[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2. Power Reference Manual & Review Problems by Camara[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]3. NCEES Power PE Review Proboems[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]4. Electric Machines, Drives, and Power Systems by Wildi[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]5. Power System Analysis and Design by Glover[/SIZE]

6. NEC [SIZE=10pt]2011 & 2014 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]7. NESC 2007[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]8. Fundamentals of Electric Circuits with Solutions by Sadiku[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]9. Complex Imaginary Complete Set Vol 1-4 & NEC Drillbook[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]10. Handbook of Electric Power Calculations by Beaty[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]11. Power System Analysis by Grainger[/SIZE]

Very similar to what I had. I would recommend adding the Complex Imaginary NEC workbook to your studies. Don't necessarily need to take it into exam but it will force you to better understand where things are in the Code. I would recommend studying the NESC table of contents. Know what topics the NESC covers and what it doesn't. No need to study any further than that. I didn't realize at the time but GA Tech also does a good job of covering the NEC/NESC.

Very similar to what I had. I would recommend adding the Complex Imaginary NEC workbook to your studies. Don't necessarily need to take it into exam but it will force you to better understand where things are in the Code. I would recommend studying the NESC table of contents. Know what topics the NESC covers and what it doesn't. No need to study any further than that. I didn't realize at the time but GA Tech also does a good job of covering the NEC/NESC.
thank you Katylied. :)

i am confident now of my material

[SIZE=10pt]John A Camara PE practice problems book is useless as far as being relavent problems to the PE Power Exam. Also you may want to look Power System Analysis and Design by Glover and Electrical Engineers Guide to Passing the PE Power Exam by Alexander Graffeo (http://powerpeexamguide.com/).[/SIZE]

Back