Interesting breakdown of PE results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Brimstone

I received the MS summer newsletter today and it had a breakdown for those that took the exams in the state. The numbers below are for all examinees (that includes repeat takers).

Discipline / Passed / Total / Percentage Passing

Civil / 25 / 42 / 59%

Environmental / 2 / 17 / 12%

Electrical / 4 / 5 / 80%

Mechanical 4 / 12 / 33%

The enviromental exam must have been tough. :suicide:

Gotta wonder why the enviro exam had so many failures.... I like the Electrical rate, though.
The most surprising thing to me though is how few people total took any of the exams.... only 76 examinees in an entire state??? Wow, that just seems like a low number. I guess I could expect that from somewhere like RI or ND, but I wouldn't expect it from MS.
Well, in the 72 years that the state has been giving out PE licenses, only 17,000 licenses have been issued. That includes out-of-state commity licenses.

I can only imagine what the total number of licenses are for the larger states like CA or FL.

we at texas are more than 97611 as we speak. More to be added on monday after license waiver meeting.

Last edited by a moderator:
My EI number (given in 2001) was 6400 and my LSI number (also issued in 2001) is less than 400.

:eek:

Back