Illinois PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcboiler

Reaction score
I graduated with a BS in 2010 and have been working under PEs since. I'm looking to take the FE during the April-May session and eventually pursue a PE.

My question: Does the work experience I've gathered while working under a PE since 2010 count towards the 4 year requirement? Or does it not count because I did not have my FE? From what I understand this varies by state; I am an Illinois resident.

Thanks!

it will count since 2010 for IL. People can take both tests on the same weekend should they so choose. That might be a little harder to do with the FE being computer based now but een back in 2006 when I took it there were a group of crazies taking both tests that weekend.

it will count since 2010 for IL. People can take both tests on the same weekend should they so choose. That might be a little harder to do with the FE being computer based now but een back in 2006 when I took it there were a group of crazies taking both tests that weekend.

Awesome, thank you!

Back