If you see marked lines on your kids arms

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I think I'm pretty lucky. My son is almost 10 and he hasn't decided I'm an idiot yet. I figure that will happen in another year or two.

I'm his biggest hero (at least until tomorrow evening). He just found out I'm taking him to see the Myth Busters live in Chicago tomorrow afternoon.

My 9 yr old said the day I took him to see the Reds was the best day ever. He has a pretty low bar for great entertainment and an even lower set of data points to make that determination at 9, but it made my day. My boys are 11, 8 and 6. We have dinner at the table 6 days a week. I read to all 3 (almost) every night. We are at church whenever the doors are open. We play baseball or ping pong or basketball or playstation every chance we get. If they are going to hate me, they are going to have to do it over my tired, dead body.

I have definitely neglected the family more than I should have during this whole race car build. They understand the importance of it being a bucket list item, but once its done, I am going to have to take a race car hiatus for sure and plan a family vacation or something to that effect, because while it isn't depressing junior, she makes it pretty apparent how lonely she feels at times, especially when the neighborhood kids aren't around. That's been my biggest motivation to get the thing finished for the February expo.

Last night, my husband and son camped out in the backyard in the new wall tent (overnight low around 30). Today's a Holy Day of Obligation and my kid and I went to 6:45 a.m. Mass. Then we went to breakfast after and he ordered grits that came with a ton of butter. He deemed today, "Best day ever!" I'm glad his criteria is low and he lives in the moment so easily.

Excellent!! Except for the camping part. I'll do anything for love, but I wont do that.

That's what I said! "We finally have a bonus room!"

It's still up tonight and they are toying with sleeping out there again. We'll see. We're going to use it for Christmas card pictures.

make her hate your wife and then she will start talking to you!
At least we'll have something in common.
Just read this. Thanks for the laugh.

I have definitely neglected the family more than I should have during this whole race car build. They understand the importance of it being a bucket list item, but once its done, I am going to have to take a race car hiatus for sure and plan a family vacation or something to that effect, because while it isn't depressing junior, she makes it pretty apparent how lonely she feels at times, especially when the neighborhood kids aren't around. That's been my biggest motivation to get the thing finished for the February expo.
Let junior drive, maybe she'll get into the sport with you. Look at John Force's daughters.

make her hate your wife and then she will start talking to you!
At least we'll have something in common.
Just read this. Thanks for the laugh.

Let junior drive, maybe she'll get into the sport with you. Look at John Force's daughters.
That would involve me building ANOTHER race car...

Or getting your hooptie back from the guy painting it?

If she has her mother's spacial awareness, it will be a cold day in hell before she's allowed behind the wheel of that thing. Then again, it may be a cold day in hell before I'm able to myself...

Or getting your hooptie back from the guy painting it?
If she has her mother's spacial awareness, it will be a cold day in hell before she's allowed behind the wheel of that thing. Then again, it may be a cold day in hell before I'm able to myself...
Mr. Krak said I couldn't get a motorcycle bc of my poor depth perception.

Yeah, but you'd look like a total badass. Will he meet half way and let you get one with a sidecar?

Yeah, but you'd look like a total badass. Will he meet half way and let you get one with a sidecar?
A sidecar might work. I think he just doesn't want to ride "bitch"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back